The Muscular System
By Gabby and Drew
Facts about the muscular system
- Did you know that your body has more then 600 muscles in your body?
- Did you also know that muscles make up 40% of your body weight?
- You use 200 muscles to take one step.
- It only takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 muscles to frown
- Did you know that the smallest muscles are found in the middle ear called the stapedius
- The largest muscles in your body are the Gluteus Maximus
- last but not least you need 74 muscles to speak
muscular system diseases
This disease is caused by the damage of muscle fiber. There is no cure for this disease and the symptoms include weakness, immobility and imbalance.
2. Cerebral Palsy
This is a very common congenital disorder that affects posture, balance and motor functions.
3. Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva
This disease makes soft tissue harden and it becomes bone-like permanently.
4. Rotator Cuff Tear
Rotator cuff problems occur when the tendons adjoining the joints become stretched or injured. This can mean that you no longer have ant strength to lift or reach up high with your arms. Rigorous, fast or hard movements like when you are playing sports (baseball or tennis) can cause tears or injuries which may necessitate surgery.