News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - June 13th
Can you believe this is the last newsletter of the year??? Wow! What a year! It has been amazing watching all of our kids grow spiritually, academically, socially, and even physically!! They have made amazing strides this year. We are so excited for what next year will bring. We will be able to build off all that we have done this year, as almost all of the teachers, support staff, and administration will be the same next year. Just a reminder of our staffing for the 2016-17 school year:
- Pre-K 3 is Ms. Marseille (Lead Teacher) and an Assistant Teacher (to be hired)
- Pre-K 4A is Señora Raquel (Lead Teacher) and Ms. Laura (Assistant Teacher)
- Pre-K 4B is Señora Sonia (Lead Teacher with only 10 students)
- Kindergarten is Ms. Nuria (Spanish) and Señora Farias (English) - (Max of 25 students)
- 1st/2nd English is Mrs. Holguin (Max of 25 students in each grade)
- 1st/2nd Spanish is Señora Williams (Max of 25 students in each grade)
- 3rd/4th English is Mrs. Silva (Max of 25 students in each grade)
- 3rd/4th Spanish is Señora Nolting (Max of 25 students in each grade)
- 5th - 8th will be structured differently next year:
5/6 Religion and 5 - 8 Science and Social Studies is Mr. Downing
- 7/8 Religion and 5 - 8 Math and Language Arts is Mr. Farias
- 1st - 8th Grade Math Specialist is Mr. Ivan
- Music/Band/Orchestra Director is Mr. Nolting
- P.E. Teacher is still to be hired.
- Office Manager is Berenice Williams (Queen B, as we affectionately call her)
- Development Coordinator is Ms. Sarah
- Bookkeeper is Ms. Kelly
- Kitchen Director is Ms. Lizbeth and her Assistant is Ms. Erika
- JDA Director/Instructional Support is Señora Farias
- Principal is Ms. Dempsey
- Pastor/Canonical Director is Father Wichert
We wish Mrs. Ramos a fond farewell as she heads to California to embark on a new and exciting journey with her family. Also, we will be saying goodbye to Mrs. H. (P.E.), who will be staying home with her little one next year. Finally, Ms. Margetts will be leaving us for a full time administration position at Visitation Catholic STEM Academy. She is working to ramp up their Pre-K and enhance their STEM program. We will miss them all, but we wish them many blessings!!
I hope all of you have a wonderful and safe summer and we look forward to seeing you back on Sept. 2nd to drop off supplies and Sept. 6th to start the new year!! Look for a newsletter in August with any back-to-school info and stay in touch via our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HolyRosaryTacoma).
Have a great week!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- New Parent Orientation for 2016-17 at 9 am in the Auditorium.
- Free Dress (entire week) for all who purchased the week of free dress at the auction or through the office/mailer.
- Meeting to discuss growing Homeless Camp near the school - 8 am at Parish Office Building (All Parents Welcome).
- Field Day in the afternoon. Parent volunteers needed. Please show up at 10 am to help with set-up and noon to help with games/stations! We will have a hot dog lunch this day...grilling by Mr. Nolting!!
- Mass at 9 am...Last one of the year. Please join us!!
- Pre-K "Adios Amigos" celebration immediately following mass.
- Final Jamba Juice sale at 3 pm.
- Used Uniform Sale from 3 - 4 pm.
- Kindergarten graduation at 10 am.
- Last day of school. Noon dismissal...no Extended Care!!
- Report Cards will go home for all students...unless families have an outstanding balance. Contact Kelly (email@example.com) if you need to take care of this.
- Used Uniform Sale from 12 - 2 pm.
Supply Lists for 2016 - 17...Make it Easy and Shop Online!!
Yearbooks have Arrived!!
School Building Open for the Summer!
Important Notes from the Bookkeeper!
Past Due Balances: If you have an outstanding balance, please contact Kelly (our bookkeeper) immediately to make payment arrangements. Those with outstanding balances in June may lose their spot for the next school year. Also, anyone who is leaving, but has an outstanding balance, will not be able to have records transferred to a new school. Don't let this happen to you!! Kelly can be reached at 253.272.7012 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Pay Discount: If you are pre-paying for the 2016-17 school year and will be getting a 4% Pay in Full discount, that payment needs to be received prior to June 30th.
Used Uniform Sale!!
Donate your gently used uniforms (jumpers, skirts, polos, sweaters, sweatshirts, pants) to the Uniform Sale fundraiser. You can start donating clean uniforms NOW to Berenice at the front desk. If you are wondering what you’ll wear on the last day of school if you donated your uniform, you can wear your spirit gear or Pay to Dress for June 17th.
The Uniform Sale will be held on June 16th from 3pm-4pm and June 17th from 12pm – 2pm. Jumpers, Skirts, Sweaters and Sweatshirts will be sold for $10 and Pants and Shirts will be sold for $3.
If you can’t make it, don’t worry. Any uniforms left over will be sold at the Back to School BBQ.
Thank you for your donation!
Contact, Amanda Schweickert, Amanda.email@example.com, if you would like to volunteer for the event.
CYO: Cross Country Coaches Needed!!
Additional Water Testing: Lead and Copper
- All who are ill with cancer and other diseases.
- Those who are home-bound.
- All who are homeless in our community and throughout the world.