Couch Media Center
Ram Reading and Research Headquarters
How can we help?
The purpose of the Couch Middle School media program is to support all areas of the curriculum, facilitate effective use of technology, and and encourage lifelong reading.
We want to help you provide effective, engaging instruction for your students. This newsletter summarizes our services, but please let us know if there are other ways we can assist you.
Student Check-out Policies
- Students may check out three books.
- Books are due in two weeks.
- Students with an overdue book may not check out another book until the overdue book is returned.
- If all copies of a particular book are checked out, students may place a hold on that book. A note will be placed in the homeroom teacher's box when the book is available.
- Students may be sent to the media center on passes (signed agenda book) between 9:00 and 3:45. Please send no more than three students at a time.
Staff Check-out Policies
- Staff may check out items for three weeks. Need the items longer? Just email us and we will renew them.
- Staff may check out books, DVDs, professional resources, and equipment. To locate AV and professional items in the catalog, you must log in to the catalog with your employee number and portal password.
Equipment Available for Check-out
- Digital Cameras
- Video Cameras
- Document Cameras
- CD players and headsets
- SMART Response System (clickers)
- SMART Slates
- Mimeo boards
How to Schedule
- Sign up using the On My Calendar scheduler.
- Slots are available in 30 minute increments.
- We are able to accommodate two classes for check-out at a time.
- You may also sign up for the computer stations for research, or for the table/SMART board area for print research or media specialist-led lessons.
- To sign up for a media specialist-led lesson, please email or stop by the media center to discuss your needs.