ESOL Cadre Meetings
From Southwest Plains Regional Service Center
2015-2016 ESOL Cadre Meeting Dates
- Thursday, September 3rd, 2015
- Thursday, December 3rd, 2015
- Thursday, February 4th, 2015
All meetings will be held at the Southwest Plains Conference Center in Sublette, and will run from 8:30am-3:00pm and are FREE To the SWPRSC Title III Consortium. Registration is $125/person for SWPRSC Members, and $140/person for Non-Members.
What's it all about?
The SWPRSC ESOL/Title III Cadres are designed to provide a venue for attendees to receive information and instruction on effective ESOL Strategies, and to get updates on programmatic, auditing, and assessment information for ESOL. Information about cultural awareness, parent involvement, and Office of Civil Rights compliance are also presented at each Cadre. There cadres also provide an excellent opportunity for attendees to network with other ESOL practitioners in the Southwest Kansas area.
Objectives of the ESOL Cadres
- To provide and model effective, SRB strategies for working with English Learners
- To provide updates on Title III and Kansas Guidelines for ESOL Programming
- To update attendees on programmatic, auditing, and assessment information for ESOL
- To increase cultural awareness
- To provide strategies for involving parents of English Learners in the educational process
- To provide attendees a networking opportunity to share information about successful classroom practices
- To improve instructional for English Learners and improve English Language proficiency