Participating Teacher Instructions
- Fill out information request form below or email DEAL director to obtain available dates/locations
- Register and pay for DEAL on the TDEA website
- Obtain payment and transportation with your district or school
- Customize the Parent Letter & Student Letter to your needs
- Review all of the materials in the links below to prepare you and your students and practice for the Assessment
- Use the Participating Teacher Checklist to help you prepare for your DEAL Assessment
- Chose 12-20 students to participate and prepare them in 2 rows
- (Optional) bring flash drive to take home feedback immediately following the Assessment
- Communicate any needs regarding schedule or other items to your Coordinator or the DEAL Director
- If you are also hosting the Assessment, please see additional information and facility needs and requirements for the day: Click here
- Be familiar with the new timing for sections 1 & 2 for Middle School: 15 minutes High School and 20 minutes for Middle School.
There are 2 links at the bottom that can be used to print student certificates if you would like as well as the ability to complete a DEAL Assessment Feedback survey.
Dear Dance Educators,
Thank you for participating in the TDEA DEAL Assessment. We hope that your evaluations will help you continue to provide high quality dance instruction while you continue to lead your students towards excellence. We greatly appreciate any feedback that you want to provide regarding DEAL the process. We are continually improving our processes and we want to continue to make DEAL the support that dance teachers and administrators need to assess their dance programs. Your students should have received a Division ribbon at the assessment. In addition, I have attached a student certificate in case you would like to customize and print one for your students. If you would like to order a perpetual plaque to display your achievements, please see the order information attached below.
We will continue to hold workshops during convention, for both feedback and training, for upcoming DEAL Assessments being held throughout the state. Please let me know if you would be interested in joining our DEAL staff as an Instructing Choreographer, Adjudicator, or Coordinator.
Next year we will continue to expand our Middle School assessment system and would love your help connecting with both Middle School and additional Dance 1 programs that would be interested in working with us. It is because of your commitment to excellence that all of our dance programs continue to grow. Please use the link below for feedback or to express your interest in being a part of DEAL, both at the TDEA Convention or future DEAL Assessments.
Please email me to schedule your DEAL dates for next year!
DEAL Executive Administrator and TDEA 4th VP, Assessments