Manifest Destiny Painting
1827 UK and US jointly occupy Oregon
UK and US agree to joint military occupations.
1836 Texas Independence established
Texas announced their Independence from Mexico.
1845 Texas annexed
Texas was implemented to the united states.
1846 US declares war on Mexico
Congress grants President James K. Polk's request to declare war on mexico.
1848 Mexican cession
Was a purchase that increased the United States size by 25%.
1848 Gold discovered in CA.
Gold was discovered in california, causes the California gold rush.
1849 Gold Rush starts
Increased the population and wealth of california.
1853 Gadsden purchase
The US paid Mexico $10 million for a 29,670 square mile portion of Mexico.
Trails west map
- Sante Fe = Commercial Highway connecting Sante Fe to missouri.
- Oregon = The Oregon Trail was traveled by many families searching for a better life.
- California = A lot of people traveled this trail to try to get wealthy.(Gold Rush)
- Mormon =Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints traveled this trail.
2. A battle between Santa anna's army and a low number of defenders.
3.General Sam Houston and his army defeated General Antonio López de Santa Anna's Mexican army. (only lasted 18 mins!)
1.Mexico claimed the Nueces River as its northeastern border, while the U.S. claimed the Rio Grande River
2. American settlers in california rebelled against the mexican government trying to make california an independent state.
3.A purchase that increased the US by 25%.
4.The US paid Mexico $10 million for a 29,670 square mile portion of Mexico.