NC Weekly Announcements
3/14/16 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Nohl Canyon Roadrunners
School Carnival Ticket Pre-Sale
Don't forget to volunteer! We need food donations more than in previous years. Your contributions are what make our carnival extra fun. Use the following link to sign up: https://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/1268454438028
Moberly, Norman, Trenner (3rd/4th) - 4/25-4/29 (Language Arts); 5/9-5/13 (Math)
Ayala, deBrucky (4th) - 4/18-4/22 (Language Arts); 5/16-5/20 (Math)
Amsbary, Rose (5th) - 5/2-5/6 (Language Arts); 5/17-5/18 (Science CST); 5/23-5/27 (Math)
Donaldson, Smith (6th) - 4/25-4/29 (Language Arts); 5/9-5/13 (Math)
Mai, Tarpley, Velez (GATE All Grades) - 4/18-4/22 (Language Arts); 5/17-5/18 (Science CST - 5th Grade Only); 5/2-5/6 (Math)
- Tuesday, 3/15 - Service groups picture for yearbook (any students who are members of Boy/Girl Scouts, Indian Guides/Princesses, etc. may wear their uniform to school!)
- Tuesday, 3/15 - End of 2nd Trimester - MINIMUM DAY Schedule
- Wednesday, 3/16 - 5th/6th Grades Instrumental Music Showcase @ 6:00 (Canyon High)
- Thursday, 3/17 - Happy St. Patrick's Day! Students may wear green top/uniform bottoms
- Friday, 3/18 - Last day to submit pictures and memory boxes for the yearbook
- Friday, 3/18 - Community STEM Night (Santiago Community College, 4:00-8:00 p.m.)
- Monday, 3/21 - 5th Grade Ducks Challenge
- Thursday, 3/24 - Cyberbullying & Internet Safety - Parent Info Event (7:00 p.m. in TLC)
- Friday, 3/25 - 2nd Trimester Awards Assembly
- Friday, 3/25 - CIRCUS, CIRCUS ~ SCHOOL CARNIVAL! *Take note that this date is a week later than the initial, 3/18 date on our annual calendar.
Posting Student Pictures on Social Media
- Please make sure your children who have access to technology/Internet are following guidelines you have provided them. Kids should NOT have free access to the web.
- Ensure that your children are not posting things about other people, participating in trash talk, or are engaging in activities that might be hurtful or embarrassing to other students (like implying students are boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.)... they can get in trouble for this at school!
- Please make sure that YOU--the parents--don't post things online of other students without their parents' explicit permission. Many of our parents have "do not photograph" restrictions on their children. Just make sure you are respectful of other parents' wishes.
We will just have to trudge through this new age of technology together! Our kids are so much better at it, and I at least struggle to keep up with them. Thanks for your support in doing what you can.
You are invited to a parent session on Cyberbullying and Internet Safety that might be enlightening on 3/24/16 at 7:00 p.m. in Nohl Canyon's TLC.