Cobb Middle School Weekly News
August 29 - September 2
Coming Up This Week...
- **We will be using the M/F Bell Schedule every day this week**
- 7th Grade health screens, all week during school
- Volleyball parent meeting, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Cafe
- Tennis parent meeting, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Cafe
- Band Cookie Dough Fundraiser Kickoff
- Choir parent meeting, 5:30-6:15 p.m., G108
- Orchestra Booster Club Kickoff meeting, 6:00-7:00 p.m., Cafe
- Meet the Science Innovators Conference, 5:30-6:15 p.m., Library
- Library Club, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Library
Save the Dates
- 9/5 - LABOR DAY - NO SCHOOL
- 9/6 - PTA Board Meeting, 4:15-4:45 p.m., Library
- 9/6 - Meet the Teacher Night & PTA Regular Meeting (SEE BELOW)
- 9/7 - Fall Student Portraits, during ILA classes all day
- 9/7 - 8th Grade Football vs. Vandeventer, 5:30-8:30 p.m., WHS
- 9/8 - 7th & 8th Grade Volleyball vs. Vandeventer, 5:30-8:30 p.m., VMS
- 9/9 - Band All-Region Intro Clinic, 4:00-7:00 p.m., Band Hall
- 9/12 - Football, Volleyball, Cheer portraits (DETAILS FROM COACHES TO FOLLOW)
- 9/13 - 7th Grade Football vs. Stafford, 5:30-8:30 p.m., LSHS
- 9/13 - Hot Dogs with WatchDOGS, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Cafe
- 9/14-9/15 - Theater Fall Play Auditions, 3:40-5:30 p.m., Cafe/Stage
- 9/14 - 8th Grade Football vs. Stafford, 5:30-8:30 p.m., LSHS
- 9/15 - 7th & 8th Grade Volleyball vs. Stafford, 5:30-8:30 p.m., SMS
- 9/16 - Breakfast with the Principal-Cobb 101, 9:15-10:45 a.m., Library
- 9/16 - Orchestra Party, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Cafe
***New Delivery Policy*** Parents/Guardians, in order to preserve the integrity of the classroom and maximize instructional time, we will not deliver messages, packages or forgotten items to classrooms. If you drop off an item in the front office for your student, we will post a note for him/her on the message board located in the main foyer, near the front office. Students may check the message board throughout the day, and will be required to take the note to the front office to sign for and retrieve the item. The expectation is that students handle these personal matters during the passing periods. They will not be allowed to leave class to retrieve deliveries. All lunches will be delivered to the café during the appropriate lunch period. Thank you for helping your children assume responsibility for their personal items and minimize classroom disruptions. Note: if you have a message for your student relating to a change in dismissal, we will make sure that message is relayed before the end of the school day.
Meet the Teacher Night - We hope you'll join us on Tuesday, September 6th for either Session I or Session II, as well as the first PTA meeting of the new school year!
- 5:00-6:15 Session I
- 6:20-6:45 PTA Regular Membership Meeting, Cafe
- 6:50-8:00 Session II
From the Clinic - If you have identified your student as having asthma, please send in your asthma action plan to the clinic as soon as possible. All students who are carrying an inhaler should have an inhaler release (signed by their doctor) on file. We find lost inhalers throughout the school year. We want to make sure your student is safe! Having a back-up inhaler in the clinic is a great way to make sure they have the medicine when they need it.
6th grade parents, we are still looking for the latest shot record for your 6th grade student. Only about 60 of them have been turned in so far, and we have over 300 students in the 6th grade. Please send in the latest record for your student, whether you think he/she is up to date for next year or not.
We are starting our vision and hearing screens for all 7th grade students (through their ILA classes) and students new to FISD. Please make sure your student has his/her glasses if they are supposed to be wearing them.