What we did today
December 10th, 2014
- sandwich size zip-lock bags
December Important events
Thur, Dec 11- PTA Skating Party at Northland Rolladium, 6:00-8:00pm
Fri, Dec 12- Books and Breakfast Club, 8:30am in the LMC
Fri, Dec 12- Ballet Assembly for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade
Fri, Dec 12- PTA Free Movie Night: Frozen, 7:00pm
What we learned today...
Decimal Division-Mid Chapter Checkpoint
Important versus Interesting Information The Ride of a Lifetime
research my side of the argument-answer discussion questions
The Sun-types of stars, information about the Sun.
Bill of Rights
Math-Reflex Math 15-20 minutes-a lesson until the green light turns on in the corner
Typing Club-3 times a week for 10 minutes (this is making a huge difference when we are typing out published copies! Please have them keep it up!)
No oral fluency or regular spelling work this week-this means more time for reflex and typing
Friday-Day 5-PE Farris
Thinking about books for Christmas??? Scholastic Book Online Orders are great for that!! Last orders due TOMORROW!!!
Book orders due December 11th
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: GXTT6
Encouraging reading is one of the most important things we can do to help your child succeed. It can be tough finding the right books to keep them interested, which is why I am so excited that our class will be participating in Scholastic Reading Club this school year.
With Scholastic Reading Club:
- Every book you buy earns FREE Books for our classroom library
- You can choose from handpicked, grade- and reading-level-specific books for your child
- You'll find the best values on a variety of formats, including eBooks
Each month, your child will bring home Reading Club flyers. Together you can choose from books hand-selected by teachers and experts, and then order online or by returning your order form and payment to me.
I'd also love some help growing our classroom Reading Club. If you'd like to help out, please let me know! I'm excited to get our class reading!
Thank you for your support,
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!