We Are Together Tamanend!
September 15, 2014
Magazine Assembly & Drive
Our Student Council Officers lead us through many great Tamanend events throughout the school year. Last Friday, Alexa C., Colleen D., Emily C., and Tyler H. used their creativity and enthusiasm to lead our school in our first whole school assembly to kick off our Magazine Drive. The Magazine Drive is the only school wide fundraiser that TMS runs to benefit Tamanend. More than just magazines this year, available for sale are cookie dough and photo book options. When the drive is over, Students Council helps to determine how the profits are spent. We thank everyone for participating and supporting Tamanend Student Activities.
- Tuesday, September 16th- Order turn-in day
- Tuesday, September 23rd- Order turn-in day
Back to School Nights
7th Grade FREE YMCA Membership
CB High School Football Game Attendance
Due to student safety and stadium operational concerns, students who are in 7th or 8th grades (or younger) will not be admitted to C.B. High Schools' football games without a parent/guardian attending the game with them. All students must have a current or prior year ID card with them to determine their name, grade, and school.
For information about CBSD Athletic Passes, click here.
Nominate a TMS Student for Boomerang Recognition
TMS Parent Council
Thursday, Sep. 18th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Rd
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS care of Sra. Mars or Sra. Murry.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
- Students have free access to Office 365 which includes the following programs: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. Since students have email accounts now through the district, they must use them when emailing Tamanend teachers.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please use this link to chaperone, volunteer and support TMS. The code word is TMS.
All students must wear a CB (or old TMS) gym uniform for their Physical Education classes. The cost of uniform items and locks for the 2014-2015 school year are as follows:
- T-shirt = $2.10
- Shorts = $3.60
- Lock= $4.95
If you are purchasing all three items, please write a check out to Central Bucks School District for $10.65. Please include your student's name on the memo line. These will be collected in gym class on the first day your student has gym. Please note, if your student does not have gym until second semester, they do not need to purchase their uniform and lock until the first day of their gym class in the second semester.
Click here for up-to-date calendar information about the 2014-15 school year.
There is a Parent Portal app for your smartphone. Click here for more information.
- Click here to view previous Tamanend Connections from 2014-2015
- We frequently conduct safety drills at Tamanend Middle School to ensure that our students are prepared for various types of emergencies. It is important that your student dresses appropriately for weather, including shoe choices.
- Because the Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to check student progress on a regular basis, we will no longer print and send home interim progress reports. We encourage all parents/guardians to log in and check the Parent Portal on a weekly basis. Parents have access to current grades, assignments, attendance, and more.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please sign up using our online form. Code word = tms.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.