Odalys Santiago, September 25,2015
5 Facts About United States
- On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was issued, establishing the United States of America
- The US is the 4th largest country in the world by land area and 3rd by population
- The most populated city in the US is New York City, followed by Los Angeles and Chicago
- Hawaii is the most recent of the 50 states in the US (joining in 1959) and is the only one made up entirely of islands
- Just 2.5 million people lived in the U.S.A. in 1776. Today its 314 million.
Artists/celebrities Hispanic roots.
- Born October 10, 1973. Born at San Diego CA.
- Mario Lopez Jr. dad was born at Chula Vista, boarder town to Tijuana.
- Lopez has been an avid supporter of The Eva Longoria Foundation as well as Padres Contra el Cancer.
- Born August 26, 1971. Born at Mexico City.
- Thalia mother name Yolanda Miranda was born in La Paz , Baja California Sur, Mexico. Died in Mexico City in 2011.
- Thalia is a Mexican singer, published author, actress and entrepreneur, who has sung in various languages including Spanish, English, Portuguese, and Tagalog
Hispanic typical food most often eaten in United States
Some items typical of Latin American include based dishes which are tortillas, tamales, tacos, various salsa and other condiments guacamole, pico de gallo and mole.