4th Grade Update
Week of December 2
- Your child will need either an empty pizza box, a piece of white poster board, or a brown shopping bag for Reading. We will be using these items for our biographical research projects/presentations. All work will be done in class, but your child will need this item at school as soon as possible.
- In Language Arts, we'll be working on a project that requires black ink pens. Mrs. Osborne has a bunch, but it'd be great if you send your child to school with one.
- Winter parties will be on Friday, December 18 at 2:00. You are more than welcome to join the fun, but please let your homeroom teacher know if you'll be attending. We have to turn in party attendee lists to the office and will need this informaiton by Friday, December 4.
- We will conduct parent/teacher conferences the week of December 14. More information will be going home in red folders this week.
- Please keep signing and checking red folders. They are the best way for us to communicate behaviorial information.
In the Classroom
LANGUAGE ARTS: Expository writing--a job that I like; making compound sentences with conjunctions; generating a central idea
READING: Biographies and autobiographies and the differences between these two types of literary nonfiction; in-class research project
MATH: Decimals—modeling using place value; relating fractions, decimals, and money; comparing decimals
SCIENCE: Classifying matter--density, evaporation, heating and cooling
This week's EXCELerator award winners are:
Mrs. Roby's homeroom: Bryan Sal
Mrs. Osborne's homeroom: Megan Haness
Congratulations Bryan and Megan!