ebooks & audiobooks
What is OverDrive?
OverDrive is a site and app you can use to access ebooks and audiobooks. Read from your phone, tablet, or any other connected device. Log in with your LISD username (ID) and password.
The Lubbock Public Library also utilizes OverDrive. You will need your library card number and PIN to access their books.
What are some advantages of OverDrive?
- The OverDrive library is available 24/7.
- No overdue fines or lost books.
- Manage your own holds and returns.
- New books are added several times a year.
How does it work?
- If using your phone, iPad, Kindle, or other related device, you will need to download the app.
- After downloading the app, you will need to create an account. Provide a valid email address; if you place a title on hold, you will receive an email when it becomes available.
- Once you have the app, select "Add a library" near the top.
- Search for Coronado High School and select the option in Lubbock.
- Then select Lubbock ISD. (You may add other libraries as well, provided you have login credentials for them.)
- You will be directed to the sign in page for LISD; use your 1000/1001 number as your username and your regular school password.
- You may search by author, title, format type, availability, etc.
- Default checkout length is 14 days; you may reset it to 7 or 21 days (must be done before borrowing the book).
- The book will automatically be returned; you may return it sooner or renew if there are no holds.
- You may place a hold on a book and you will be notified when it becomes available to checkout/download.
What does OverDrive look like?
The "A" in the top left corner means that this book is available only to CHS patrons (students & faculty). At the top right, the book image indicates it is an ebook but the faded grey color means that it is currently checked out. (It may still be put on hold.)
Again, this title is available only to CHS patrons. In the top right corner, the headphone symbol indicates that it is an audiobook and the black color means that it is available to be checked out.
Notice the filters on the left. You can search for audio-or ebooks, all titles or currently available, interest level, device, etc.
Under Account > Settings you can set the lending period, see how many books you have checked out (up to 3), and engage either a theme, dyslexic font, or high contrast (to reduce visual stress).