Don't let the mouse steal your time
The Tab button will help you move to the next window.The Enter button is almost always the quickest way to submit your information.
Where are the keyboard shortcuts?
On an Apple machine, you can right click to enable more options by pressing the Control button and trackpad.
On PC's or Chromebooks you can right click pressing the CTRL button and the trackpad.
- Begin a new tab with CTRL or Command and 't'
- Closing a tab is CTRL or Command and 'w'
- Quit a program is CTRL or Command and 'q'
- Enlarge the browser page with CTRL or Command and the '+' symbol.
- Decrease the browser page with CTRL or Command and the ' - ' (minus sign)
- Undo last action with CTRL or Command and 'z '
- Select a word with a double click on it. Select a line with 3 clicks of the trackpad.
- Copy text with CTRL or Command and ' c '.
- Paste text with CTRL or Command and ' v '
The students who we interviewed for Digital Resource Instructors unanimously suggested to us that students would benefit from more efficient keyboarding. Let's help the students to use these shortcuts to be more efficient in their use of the keyboard in their typing and overall navigation.
There are many shortcuts that you may find you like that save time. There are a number of options for shortcuts in Gmail as well that might be useful.