February 2, 2016
VOTE BELOW FOR YOUR FAVORITE ENEWS RAPPER! Winner will be announced in next week's ENEWS!
CCR3 FFA Trap Team Finds Success as it Grows
The FFA trap team has become increasingly popular the past few years among male and female students. This year the team has thirteen participants of which four are female students. Students in grades 9-12 participate in the monthly shoots. There are four 8th grade students who also participate in the Junior shoots.
Shoots are held throughout the school year from September - April on a Saturday morning at KCTA located in Smithville, MO. In May, those who qualify may participate in the State Trap Shoot.
The team is coached by Scott Adam and Jeff Richerson. The team usually practices twice a month on Wednesday at KCTA although members are encouraged to practice as often as they want.
Students must be in FFA to participate on the trap team. The costs associated with this sport include $15 for each practice and shoot (2 rounds), ammunition (2 boxes per practice/shoot), and a gun.
To learn more about FFA Trap Team contact Scott Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ellis students enjoy the warm winter weather.
Bowling Alley Field Trip
2nd graders having a great time at Mrs. Filger's annual field trip to the Plattsburg Bowling Alley.
Middle school students show off their artwork.
Did you know?
- It's COURTWARMING week! SHOW YOUR TIGER SPIRIT!
- Courtwarming ceremony is February 5, 2015, before the PHS Boys Basketball game vs. Mid-Buchanan.
- SCHOOLWAY announced the release of their new web app. You can access SCHOOLWAY from any computer now! https://webapp.myschoolway.com/
- Hillyard Technical School hosted an open house for sophomores last week.
- Ellis Valentine's Day parties will be February 12, 2016.
- Ellis Student Council is holding a canned food drive that ends February 5, 2016. You can donate canned items or toiletry items such as shampoo, toothpaste, soap.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Friday, February 12, 2016, The Clinton County R3 School Board will welcome the 2016-17 Superintendent, Dr. Sandy Steggall, at a meet and greet. More details to come!
- PHS Basketball will honor our CCR3 Staff at Teacher Appreciation Night this Friday at their home basketball game.