Building Capacity and Improving Climate & Culture - 3/10/17
Welcome to the Friday Forward
Our ask is that you SHARE our work. The more folks we reach, the more momentum we achieve. We want EVERY JCPS school and location to be involved -
and all it takes is you!
- Emails to staff
- Faculty meetings
- Facebook shares
- Twitter shares
- Instagram shares
- Word of mouth
- Whatever new technology we're forgetting!
JCPSForward - Join the Movement!
When a small group of educators came together in the summer of 2015, we had one goal that still remains at the heart of our work. We wanted to create a connective tissue of positive, solutions-oriented educators in JCPS. To date, we've engaged with nearly 1,500 educators in the district through virtual and in person conversations and teacher led professional learning. "Joining" the movement is simple - take part in any of our initiatives or just share on social media or in person with peers. We want to make sustainable change in the climate and culture of JCPS and we need your help!
ECET2Lou - News and Notes
Planned BY JCPS TEACHERS, FOR JCPS TEACHERS, ECET2Lou was the largest district level ECET event in the country to date (until we top that next year). If you couldn't be with us, we blew up Twitter. At one point, #ECET2Lou was trending #2 GLOBALLY on Twitter. Yep, it was that big...
- If you missed the action, you can check out our #ECET2Lou Storify link.
- Want access to the session folders? You can access them all here!
- Special thanks to Mary Kenzer and Beau Baker for our Cultivating a Calling Keynotes!
- Want to check out the YouTube video of 225 teachers singing an eduversion of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" called "Don't Stop Achieving" - Click here
- Be sure to sign up for your FREE GoNoodle account at gonooodle.com - the site has 16 channels with over 250+ movement games and videos ranging from yoga and mindfulness to aerobics and Zumba. ELEMENTARY TEACHERS, don't forget you have FREE access to the Plus channel that has academic games and the ability to add questions into the movement games. All you need to do is sign up under your elementary school!
Bring the MOBILE #whyiteach KIT to your School
SHOUTOUT to Fern Creek Elementary for reaching out - we'll be at their faculty meeting on 3/7 to set up and pump up! Meyzeek Middle and Eastern High are next!
BLOG OF THE WEEK
Kelsey's blog is targeted to middle school teachers.
Check it out and SHARE on social media!!!
Interested in Becoming Nationally Board Certified?
There will be a Planning Meeting at VanHoose on April 12, 2017 from 4:30-6:30
For more information, contact Charlotte Ivey,
JCPS National Board Program Coordinator, PD Resource Teacher
Email: Charlotte.email@example.com Phone: 502-485-3415
New/Non Tenured Teachers - Feedback needed
JCPS Forward is committed to supporting all teachers.
As a part of our work, we are actively exploring ways to assist
non-tenured teachers as they acclimate to the district.
Learn more about JCPS Innovation and Play Day on Thursday, March 30th