Volumen 11, Edicion 15 - Marzo 23, 2018
Minutos de Mrs. Hutchins
Immersion Education – Teaching academic content in another language
Hello Fronteras Families!
Job well done to all of our awesome K-2 spellers! What a fantastic English bee we were treated to this morning! Thank you Sra. Cook and Srta. Pierce for leading this bee! You always do such an amazing job! Thank you to all of our guests for attending and cheering on our kiddos!
Congratulations to our top 3 finishers:
1st – Caeden Dudley
2nd – Adam Cook
3rd – Byron Reynolds
We hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful spring break, and are feeling rejuvenated and ready for the whirlwind finish to the school year!
Our final Early Release is April 6th. Students are dismissed at 12:30pm.
“Cats are like potato chips. You can’t have just one.”
THANK YOU to our K-2 English Spelling Bee Judges: Jill Bang, Misty Adams and Sophia Harper (our 3-8 grade English Bee champion)
Important Dates to Remember
- April 3 - April 6 - PEAKS Testing (3rd-8th Grade)
- April 6 - Early Release (Students dismissed at 12:30)
- April 16 - April 20 - CPAA Testing (1st Grade)
- April 16 - April 20 - NWEA MAP Testing (2nd & 3rd Grade)
- April 23 - April 27 - CPAA Testing (Kindergarten)
- April 23 - April 27 - NWEA MAP Testing (4th & 5th Grade)
- April 30 - AIMS Testing (Kindergarten - 3rd Grade)
- April 30 - May 3 - NWEA MAP Testing (6th, 7th & 8th Grade)
Thanks to everybody who came to our Scholastic Book Fair! We had lots of support and sold over $3000 of books which gives the library $1300 in Scholastic dollars to spend. Teachers that chose books for their wishlist were able to get all the books on their list. Ask us at our next fair if your teachers made a wishlist! Click on the link below for a thank you from Scholastic. Consider volunteering at a book fair next year!
PURCHASE AND PERSONALIZE YOUR FRONTERAS SPANISH IMMERSION YEARBOOK BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW:
A few important facts:
* Your personalized yearbook only costs $20.00.
* You’ll need to purchase your copy and complete your free personal pages by March 27.
* Your 2 free custom pages are optional, if you don’t customize you’ll receive a standard yearbook.