Week of September 18, 2023
Start with Hello week
Happening this Week
- National IT Professional Day - We appreciate Mr. Rodriguez, our Campus Instructional Technologist! He makes a big difference in supporting our teachers and how they implement technology in the classroom.
- Dot Day! Dress up in dot attire. Make your own shirt or dress out of dots! (read more details in Mr. Pizano's newsletter below)
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Volunteers needed at 10:00 am to help bag food for the afternoon distribution.
- 5th grade field trip to the Hobby Center to view "Maria's Magical Music Adventure"
- Brighter Bites food distribution 3:00 pm in the cafeteria.
- Karate 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm
- PTO Meeting 6:00 pm in the cafeteria. Please use the back entrance.
Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Wear all GREEN today as part of Start with Hello Week!
- Happy Birthday Ms. Halley (TA in Ms. Weeks' class)
- Wednesday's folders sent home: Make sure to check your child's backpack for important school information.
Thursday, September 21, 2023
Friday, September 22, 2023
- Hispanic Heritage Month dress up day: Jersey Day! Represent famous Hispanic athletes by wearing your favorite jersey.
- Coffee with the Principal 8:00 am in the cafeteria. Please use the back entrance.
Save the Dates:
- Monday, September 25, 2023 - Fall Holiday, No School
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - Open House at 5pm
Was your child recently absent?
Progress Report Cards
"Wednesday Folder" each week. Only students in 1st - 5th grade receive grades. Students in PK - Kinder receive progress notes. If you do not receive your child's progress report, please contact our school at 713-924-1870. If your child is failing, open house is scheduled for September 27, 2023 at 5pm. That is a great opportunity for parents to talk to the teacher about the student's progress and make adjustments before the report card.
How to Contact Your Child's Teacher
Click here to view Team Carrillo email addresses.
Click here to access the Lunch Menu for the month of September.
Inside our Library
Carrillo Uniform Policy
YMCA After School Program
Parent Volunteers Needed!
If you are interested in volunteering at any time during the school year, you must complete the following steps each school year. (So, if you did this last year, you will need to do it again.)
1. Click here to complete a VIPS orientation course.
2. Once completed, you will have a VIPS certificate.
3. Continue to the next steps of completing your English or Spanish application from that same website (This is required for your background check. This may take 24–48 hours.)
4. Once you are APPROVED, you will receive an approval email from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your approved status.
5. Please forward this email AND the VIPS certificate (two items!) to email@example.com, so I can add you to the list of approved volunteers. Without the TWO items, you will not be allowed to volunteer at any school event/activity during the 2023 - 2024 school year.