January 3, 2020
- Teacher Work Day (No Students)
- Citizen Advisory Committee - District Office @ 6:00 PM
- Classes Resume
- Class of 2023 Student Council - Room 223 @ 6:30 AM
- Class of 2020 Student Council - Room 202 @ 6:45 AM
- Spanish NHS Tutoring - LRC @ 2:15 PM
- DECA Meeting - Room 114 @ 2:30 PM
- Chess Club - Room 433 @ 2:30 PM
- Mock Trial Practice - Room 201 @ 2:30 PM
- Stargazer - Room 429 @ 2:30 PM
- Boys (V) (JV) Bowling vs. Naperville North @ 4:15 PM
- Boys (FA) Basketball vs. Wheaton Warrenville South @ 4:45 PM
- Boys (V) Swim & Dive vs. Wheaton Warrenville South @ 5:00 PM
- Boys (JV) (F) vs. Elgin @ 5:30 PM
- Boys (FB) Basketball vs. Wheaton Warrenville South @ 6:00 PM
- Boys (V) vs. Elgin @ 6:30 PM
- Early Release @ 1:30 PM
- Math Team Practice - Room 123 @ 2:30 PM
- Mock Trial Practice - Room 201 @ 2:45 PM
- Girls (V) (JV) Bowling vs. Larkin @ 4:15 PM
- NHS All-Member Meeting - Room 302 @ 6:45 AM
- German NHS - Mobile Classroom M484 @ 2:30 PM
- Computer Science Club - Room 300
- Team Polaris @ 2:30 PM
- NEHS Chapter Meeting - Room 302 @ 2:30 PM
- Chess Club - Room 433 @ 2:30 PM
- Scholastic Bowl Meet - Rooms 131 & 132 @ 2:30 PM
- Future Freshman Curriculum Night - Auditorium @ 6:15 PM
- Fellowship of Christian Students - Room 302 @ 6:30 AM
- Pizza with the Principal - Main Office @ 10:02 AM
- Team Polaris Meeting @ 2:30 PM
- Boys (V) Swim & Dive vs. St. Charles East @ 5:00 PM
- Girls (S) Basketball vs. Glenbard North @ 5:00 PM
- Girls (JV) Basketball vs. Glenbard North @ 6:00 PM
- Girls (FA) Basketball vs. Glenbard North @ 6:15 PM
- Girls (V) Basketball vs. Glenbard North @ 7:15 PM
- Boys (SB) Basketball vs. Glenbard North @ 9:00 AM
- Boys (JV) Basketball vs. Glenbard North @ 10:15 AM
- Boys (FA) Basketball vs. Batavia @ 4:45 PM
- Boys (S) Basketball vs. Batavia @ 5:45 PM
- Boys (FB) Basketball vs. Batavia @ 6:00 PM
- Boys (V) Basketball vs. Batavia @ 7:15 PM
Make a Difference St. Charles: Feed My Starving Children Packing Event!
On Sunday, January 26th, St. Charles North High School will bring more than 500 volunteers together to fight world hunger during Make a Difference St. Charles, a Feed My Starving Children Packing Event. This community-wide service project gives students at St. Charles North the opportunity to donate their time and resources to make a difference in the lives of starving children. Feed My Starving Children provides logistics for the packing event, while local donors (that’s us) provide funds and labor to pack the meals.
Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit organization founded in 1987 that tackles world hunger by sending volunteer-packed, nutritious meals to 70 countries. They also operate orphanages, schools, clinics, and feeding programs to break the cycle of poverty. This Minnesota-based charity spends more than 90% of total donations directly on feeding the hungry and has earned the highest four-star rating from Charity Navigator for 11 consecutive years.
To reach our goal of raising over $12,000 and packing over 55,000 meals, we need your help. Please consider joining us on that day for a 90-minute volunteer shift. You could also donate or fundraise to help us with our goal. Inquiries can be directed to Erin Manheim at (email@example.com) or to the Office of Student Life.
Pizza with the Principal
Pizza With The Principal is a way the PTO supports Principal Christenson with one of her goals: to get to know and meet with students to continually improve their experiences at SCN. About every other week, the PTO provides lunch for up to 16 students. Students are encouraged to discuss things that are going well at SCN, things that could be improved upon, and to ask questions. Often the conversations lead to brainstorming solutions. Following each lunch, Mrs. Christenson shares 5-6 items from the students in her weekly staff update, which has resulted in some changes in the school and classrooms.
Taylor Street Pizza has generously donated 50% of all pizza costs for the school year. Thank you, Taylor Street! Show Taylor Street Pizza your appreciation by dining in or carrying out.
Taylor Street Pizza
40W301 Route 64
Let’s Talk provides a way for you to tell us what you think, ask us a question, or compliment a staff member.
Click here to subscribe or unsubscribe to District and school newsletters.