We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
February 12th, 2016
- We had so much fun celebrating our February birthdays. Happy birthday, Giavanna and Lucas L.!
- We celebrated the 100th day of school. We had a day filled with fun activities! We wrote about 100 things we wish we had, we did a silly switch with Mrs. Dunham's class to make Superhero Zero puppets, and we completed several 100th day challenges (like the 100 second stare-down contest, as pictured below!). It was SO much fun!
- We loved celebrating Valentine's Day. Thank you to the parents who came to help out at our party. We had a LOVE-ly time!
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: see and look. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: butterfly, caterpillar, cocoon, goose, gosling, and reflection.
- We learned the following letter and sound: Ff.
- In math, we continued learning how to make numbers in different ways. Ask to hear our math song!
Books we've read...
- Farfallina & Marcel by Holly Keller
- 100th Day Worries by Margery Cuyler
- Slugs in Love by Susan Pearson
- One Zillion Valentines by Frank Modell
- Lincoln and Grace by Steve Metzger
Star of the Week
Joseph was our star student this week! We learned that he loves his family, superheroes, and his bear. Great job, Joseph!
- The winter is bound to bring more absences. If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- Please make sure your child’s name is on ALL homework. Please be sure to help your child read the directions carefully and check it when it is complete. Thank you for your continued support at home!
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!