Eagle Eye Update
Yoncalla School District info & news, week of June 15, 2015
School board seeks project manager
The RFP will be available on our district website in the near future. Please check the website often If you're interested in seeing what we're asking of this contractor. The original facilities audit and peer review are on the district's website now.
Yoncalla High School
- On June 5 graduations ceremonies were held for our 23 graduates. Congratulations to the Yoncalla High School Class of 2015. It's a bittersweet time for us as we say goodbye to these students who have been part of our school family for many years. We take comfort in the quote: “There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots; the other, wings.” — Hodding Carter, Where Main Street Meets the River (Rinehart).
- If you missed graduation, you can watch a video here, http://tinyurl.com/nv2rm5g.
- We enjoyed the final songs of the season June 9 at the YHS Spring Concert, featuring the bands and choirs for grades 7 through 12.
- School finals wrapped up this week and the last day of class was June 11. Teachers last day was June 12.
- Enjoy your summer! Here is a list of some summer camp opportunities around the county, some even here in North County. Please note, some of these have nearing registration dates. Take a look soon!
Early Works progresses, impresses
- Partners in the Children's Institute from around the state visited Early Works Yoncalla June 1 and continue to be impressed by the strides our program makes for parents, young children and families.
- Our Early Works Yoncalla program is being held up as a model for the state. Read more about our program and involvement with the Children's Institute here, http://tinyurl.com/pmemowj.
- Early Works families and the program were featured in the above Children's Institute publication. Read the full document here http://tinyurl.com/nnvtfw5.
- You can follow the Children's Institute at facebook.com/ChildrensInstituteOregon.