Meeting Criteria for Renaissance Woman
- well- rounded she was well put together (actions)
- had courtly manners since she was the Queen of England
- well- educated she knew various languages, how to get things, she knew how people like to be treated, knew lots of history ( shown by the decisions she makes). etc
- she was an athlete she knew how to ride a horse.
- she knows Literature very well it is said she enjoyed reading.
- she appreciated the Arts and sported it
Places she lived in
Who did she work for ?
Facts about Elizabeth I
- She refused to get married and never had children
- She flirted with officials (kings, nobles etc) to get what she wanted
- had many suitors
- was incarcerated by Mary Tudor her step sister and previous queen
- she wore thick white makeup to cover scars from smallpox
- her reign started at age 25
- she reigned for 44 years and 127 days
"Ten Facts About Queen Elizabeth I." Ten Facts about Queen Elizabeth I (1558. Sultana Barbecue, n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015. <http://www.tenfactsabout.co.uk/0033elizabethi.htm>.
Kamal, Ajita. "Image." Nirmuka. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2015. <http%3A%2F%2Fnirmukta.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F05%2F261x300xreligiouswarsigngif_851712914-261x300.gif.pagespeed.ic.TSb8GaN2Ix.webp>.
"Queen Elizabeth I: Biography, Facts, Portraits & Information." English History. N.p., 31 Jan. 2015. Web. 24 Apr. 2015. <http://englishhistory.net/tudor/monarchs/queen-elizabeth-i.jpg/>.
"Elizabeth I of England." Wikipidia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_I_of_England.jpg>.
"The House Of Tudor." Tales Of Curiosity. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Apr. 2015. <http://talesofcuriosity.com/v/Tudors.jpg>.
"Elizabeth I." The Lord. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Apr. 2015. <http%3A%2F%2F220.127.116.11%2F~thelordj%2Fbraminvitam.co.uk%2Faidememoire.shtml.jpg>
- Persecuted protestants in a time where religious conflicts were at its highest peak.
- It was a compromise that England would neither be Protestant nor Catholic. In other words she gave her people the freedom to choose what they wanted to believe in. However they still needed to remain true and loyal to the queen.
- This was Elizabeth's finest hour she really showed her people she cared for them by defeating Spain ( a great power at the time). Spain wanted territories of England that's why the war even started in the first place. After this event Queen Elizabeth I really became known as a savior of England to the people.