Mrs. Lamparter's Class
April 24, 2015
May 4th (Monday) OPENING CEREMONIES: 1:30 p.m.
May 6th (Wednesday)
- TUG OF WAR: 8:45- 9:45 a.m.
- CENTERS: 10:15- 11:30 a.m.
- PICNIC LUNCH: 11:40 a.m.
- RELAYS: 1:00- 2:15 p.m.
Our Spring Kindergarten Program will be on Wednesday, May 13th at 9:00 AM. We will also have our end of the year party that afternoon from 12:00- 1:00 PM.
Field Trip FUN
- Building our sight word vocabulary- we should know ALL 50 Fry words!
- Retelling familiar stories and telling about the characters, setting, and what happened in the story
- Matching long and short vowel sounds with common spellings
- Telling similar words apart by the sounds
- Working on putting uppercase letters at the beginning of a sentence and naming end punctuation.
- Features of non-fiction text
- Finding information in non-fiction text about plants and insects
- Writing informational stories
- Fluently reading and understanding books ON grade level
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
READ and RECORD so we can REWARD!!
We will have a shorter amount of time this 4th Nine weeks to record mega minutes so the totals have been adjusted. CHECK OUT OUR NEW FORM which will calculate your child's totals for you! Our 4th Nine Weeks celebration will be Friday, May 15th at 10:10 AM. Students who earned 3 Bronco awards will get to eat breakfast with Mrs. Wright!
Please click on the link to record your Mega Minutes daily. You can also go to the Craig Home Page to record minutes OR get the SchoolInfo App and record your minutes there!
White Horseshoe: 660+ minutes
Maroon Horseshoe: 940 +minutes
Gold Horseshoe: 1100+ minutes
Bronco: 1410+ minutes
- Adding and subtracting with objects and pictures
- Adding and subtracting within ten by drawing or using objects to solve problems
- Describing attributes of an object such as weight ot length
- Decomposing numbers less than or equal to ten in different ways
- Adding any number from one to nine to make ten
- Sorting objects into categories
- Fluently adding and subtracting within five
Using math tools- number line, rekenrek, and tens frame to build numbers
Daily calendar math
- Counting by tens, fives, and ones to 100
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- Using the "Notice and Wonder" strategy to help us with problem solving
CRAIG CHARACTER AWARD
- Scholastic Book orders are due April 30th!! You can order online at http://www.scholastic.com/bookclubs. Just enter the class activation code- GQY3T. You can also send in a paper copy with a check made out to Scholastic.
- Field Days at Craig will be the 1st week in May. Opening ceremonies will be on Monday, May 4th at 1:30 PM. Abby wil represent kindergarten in the torch relay. She ran the most laps of any kindergarten girl. Kindergarten will participate in activities all day on Wednesday, May 6th!!
- Career Day is coming! Craig will be holding our Career Day on May 11, 2015, and we are in need of volunteers. If you would like to volunteer to come in and share information about your career, please contact Hythia Young (Hythia_Young@gwinnett.k12.ga.us) or Katie Fields (Katie_Fields@ gwinnett.k12.ga.us). Thanks in advance for helping us make our Career Day a success!
- Please mark your calendars for our Spring Kindergarten Program on Wednesday, May 13th at 9:00 AM. We will also have our end of the year party that afternoon from 12:00- 1:00 PM.
- Camp Invention is coming to Craig Elementary on June 1-4th from 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM. Sign up at http://campinvention.org