His Ending Days
- Jesse Owens raced horses, cars, and even trains for money.
2. The New York Mets baseball team Hired Jesse Owens as a running coach.
3 Owens met his wife, Minnie, when he was fifteen. They had three daughters, Gloria, Marlene and Beverly.
4. Jesse Owens was made a US Goodwill Ambassador in 1966.
5. While in university Jesse Owens set three world records, and tied another in only 45 minutes.
6. In 1976 Jesse Owens received the Medal of Freedom from President Gerald Ford.
7. Jesse Owens was the captain of his varsity team at Ohio State University. Because he was African-American he was not allowed to live in the on-campus dorms.
8. Jesse Owens was the grandson of a slave.
9. The right hand swastika is one of the one hundres and eight symbols of the hindu god Vishnu.
10. In Buddhist tradition, the swastika symbolizes the feet or footprints of the buddha.