Daily Faith & Family Formation
Wednesday, April 1st, 2020
Jesus, you are good and wise. I will praise you when I rise.
Jesus, hear this prayer I send. Bless my family and my friends.
Jesus, help my eyes to see all the good you send to me.
Jesus, help my ears to hear calls for help from far and near.
Jesus, help my feet to go in the way that You will show.
Jesus, help my hands to do all things loving, kind, and true.
Jesus, guard me through this day in all I do and all I say.
This Week's Memory Verse - Psalm 55:22
"Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall."
I always learn scripture better when I can put music to it. If that sounds like you, too, you can use this music video to help you remember this awesome verse about where to take our worries and fears and the strength we get from our great God.
- Open up your family Bible or children's Bible and read this story together
- This lesson about Nicodemus can be found in John 3
Supporting Verses for our Lives
- 1 Peter 3:15 - "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect"
- Matthew 5:16 - "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."
- 2 Timothy 1:6-7 - "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."
- Read the short lesson using this link OR
- Watch the short lesson from MRS. SCHMID and her daughter, and ZLS kindergarten student, LILY using the video below AND
- Take turns answering the question: What are some of the "giants" you have faced and conquered with God's help? What are some giants you are facing now?
Thank you for the message Mrs. Schmid and Lily!
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8), and because He is steadfast, who we are in Him remains the same regardless of circumstances. These statements remind us whose we are and who we are Because of who Jesus is.
Speak these statements together as a family.
Zion Lutheran School
Our Vision: That every child knows Jesus as his or her personal Lord and Savior