PHMS WEEKLY WARRIOR
WEEKLY WARRIOR: WEEK OF FEBRUARY 6,2023
Hello PHMS Students and Families!
Semester 2 has officially started and next week we will be kicking off our first full week of the semester as well as our Snoball activities. We encourage all 8th and 9th graders to participate in our Spirit Week days and for our Freshmen to get involved and have fun at the assembly on Friday afternoon and at the dance on Saturday. Let’s have a great week everyone!
Monday- Pajama Day
Tuesday- Tie-dye Day
Wednesday- Adam Sandler Day (Baggy clothes)
Thursday- Seasons Day
Friday- Purple and White Day
Black History Month:
At PHMS we celebrate through the entire month of February, so check out the BHM Overview below to see all of the great things going on.
Remember that WHS Registration Night is Feb 13th at 6:30pm!
Thank you all for connecting with us and staying up-to-date with everything PHMS, by: checking your email each Friday and clicking on the Weekly Warrior link.
If you need anything at all please feel free to reach out.
Take care and stay Warrior Strong!
SNOBALL: THE WEEK OF FEB 6TH THROUGH THE 11TH
The theme for this years' dance is: "Seasons"
Tickets go on sale on Jan 23rd and they are $10 each.
Below you will find all of the details for the events happening leading up to the dance.
SNOBALL SPIRIT WEEK DAYS (ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS)
BLACK HISTORY MONTH DAILY QUOTES:
REMINDERS FROM DOC...
We will continue with our attendance incentives for the 2nd semester:
- 5 Minute Warriors - Tardy Incentive
- This incentive will put every student that is not tardy over a 2 week period into a drawing every 2 weeks for a gift card. One will be awarded to an 8th grader and one will be awarded to a 9th grader. This will be for the remainder of the school year.
- Warrior Perfection - Perfect Attendance
- This incentive will put every student that has perfect attendance over a 2 week period into a drawing every 2 weeks for a gift card. One will be awarded to an 8th grader and one will be awarded to a 9th grader. This will be for the remainder of the school year.
Bus Behavior - Please make sure you are following the rules on the bus.
- If your student needs a coat, please come to the main office to pick one out. We have plenty of coats to give away.
- Make sure you are preparing for Spring sports by getting your sports physical completed in advance.
WARRIORS OF THE MONTH: FEBRUARY 2023
RILEY BARBEE IS A LEADING ROLE IN AND OUT OF THE CLASSROOM...
Riley is an amazing young woman who is a stellar student. Her grades are phenomenal, which is an amazing thing since she has so much going on outside of the classroom.
Riley is an outstanding actress and just recently she received the lead role of “Christine” in the Phantom at Village Theatre at Cherry Hill, in Canton. She has been in theater for the past five years and loves it because those she performs with are “like a big family!” and she feels supported in all she does.
If you would like to see Riley in action as “Christine” in the Phantom of the Opera, grab some tickets here. She will be performing on: 2/23 and 2/25 at 7:30pm
We are proud of Riley and what she does in and out of the classroom to promote positivity, joy and hope.
CHLOE SWEENEY IS HELPING OUT IN SO MANY WAYS...
Chloe has a heart to help others. At school she is always looking for ways to help out her peers and teachers and goes out of her way to ensure the classroom doors are decorated and looking nice, by recruiting her peers to help.
Along with the great things she does here at PHMS, Chloe is a volunteer at the Brownstown Animal Shelter. She loves animals and this passion of hers has been since elementary, when she began volunteering at the shelter at age seven.
Her mom recruited her and since then she has worked there as a volunteer and helps out multiple times every week, where she has gained so much knowledge on how to take care of animals which is helping her pursue her life-long dream of becoming a veterinarian.
We are proud of Chloe as she promotes love, kindness and empathy to our school and community.
FRESHMEN REGISTRATION NIGHT IS COMING!
You will be receiving communication from WHS with all of the details, so please make sure you check your emails daily.
USE THE QR CODE BELOW TO SIGN-UP TO MEET WITH YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR:
CHECK OUT OUR COUNSELING MONTHLY NEWSLETTER!
Hassle-Free Fundraiser Donation:
What is a Hassle-Free Donation? It is a convenient way for families to help PHMS PTO raise funds to enhance the educational experience for our students. There is nothing to sell and nothing to deliver. All monies raised will go directly to serving our students. We are asking for donations from you. While any donation is greatly appreciated, donations of $20.00 per child will allow us to reach our goal. We would greatly appreciate any donation you can make.
CONGRATS PHMS SWIMMERS AND DIVERS!
PHMS has 9 swimmers and 1 diver that qualified for MS states this past weekend. We are so proud of them. Join me as we congratulate:
And Diver: Aubree Felske
UNIFIED BASKETBALL IS BACK!
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PHYSICAL ON FILE...
PARENT CALL-OFF PROCEDURES:
DAILY CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENTS
PHMS PARKING LOT REMINDERS
The main goals for the PHMS Parking Lot are to: ensure all students and drivers are safe and protected as they are dropping off and picking up and that we can get vehicles in and out as quickly and safely as possible. In order to obtain those goals we need everyone to be on the same page and do their part. If we all work together and follow the information below we can make sure the mornings and afternoons are as stress free as possible.
Thank you for doing your part!
Parking Lot Reminders:
* When entering the parking loops for DROP OFF please ensure you pull into either LANE 1, 2, and 3.
*When entering the parking loops for PICK UP please ensure you pull into ONLY Lane 1 & 2. You can park as well in provided parking spots.
* We ask you to please pull forward in these loops until you reach the crosswalk (LANE 1 and 2) or the car in front of you to ensure that we can get in as many cars as possible.
* When you have pulled up as far as you can we ask that you "Drop where you Stop". This will allow nearly 40 cars at one time to drop off their student which will make the line run quickly and safely.
* When students are "Drop where you Stop" we want to remind all students to walk on the sidewalk and not in the road. If you are dropping in LANE 2 or 3 please use the crosswalk to cross the road with the guidance of our parking lot attendant.
* We do ask that all drivers watch and listen to the parking lot attendant as they will direct you when it is safe to drive past the crosswalk.