It's going to be a fun filled Fall!
September Recap: Back to School, still Having a Blast!
Thank you Somernova & Rafi Properties!
Somernova and Rafi Properties have committed to a $100,000 donation to MLC in honor of Stephenson "Hollywood" Aman. For the next ten years, MLC will receive $10,000 that will go towards the Summer Basketball League, a summer kick-off field trip, and help to supplement funding for our Mentoring Program. This partnership derived from Somervillians wanting to continue Hollywood's advocacy work for youth who live at the Mystic Housing Development. We are very honored to receive such a tremendous donation!
Birthdays & Holidays!
- Stephanya: 10/01
- Bridget: 10/06
- Dean: 10/06
- William: 10/06
- Yeilin: 10/07
- Teasia: 10/10
- Selena: 10/11
- Junior: 10/24
- Sarah & Victoria: 10/27
- Italian-American Heritage Month: The month of October
- Yom Kippur: Tuesday, October 4 - Wed. October 5
- Indigenous Peoples' Day: Monday, October 10th
- Halloween: Monday, October 31st
What Time is it? Activity Time!
Movement/ Mindfulness Monday: Activities to get the body moving, whether it's yoga and connecting with their minds, playing kickball, or a game of capture the flag.
STEAM Tuesday & Thursday: Science, math, technology, arts and crafts, oh my! These activities focus on creativity and building.
Service Learning Wednesday: Activities focused on giving back to our community, whether it's making a card for the elderly or picking up trash in our neighborhood!
Fun Friday: Activities based on all things fun! The activities range from cooking and baking to playing at the park.
Early Release & School Closures
The MLC & MELC will be open as early as 12:00 pm.
- Somerville Public Schools: Wednesday, 10/05, 10/26
- Prospect Hill Academy: Wednesday, 10/05, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26
- Medford Public Schools: Wednesday, 10/12
- Stoneham Public Schools: Friday, 10/07, 10/28
- Monday, October 10th: Indigenous Peoples' Day
- MPS Only, Wed. October 5th: Yom Kippur
MLC/ MELC Closings
- Friday, October 7th: Staff QRIS Training
- Monday, October 10th: Indigenous Peoples' Day
Our Parent Meeting will be on Monday, October 17 from 6:00-7:30 pm. in the community room.
- Meetings are on the second Monday of the month unless stated otherwise.
- Parents are responsible for picking up their children at 5:30 pm, eating family dinner together in the community room, and signing them back in for childcare during the meeting.
Personnel Improvement & Policy (PIP) Committee Monthly meeting will be on Monday, October 3 from 6:00- 7:30 pm at the Mystic Learning Center.
- PIP meetings are on the third Monday of every other month.
Upcoming Community Events
Golden Gatherings are Back!
Join our Pre-Teen Choice Club!
Enroll your child at the MLC/ MELC Today!
Click below to learn all of the information about our programs! We're licensed; by Massachusetts to provide child care for youth between the ages of 2.9 - 13 years old. Youth with special needs can attend up to age 16. We are currently enrolling and open spots are filling very quickly!
** At the moment we aren't accepting children under 5 due to not having a Lead Preschool teacher.
We're Hiring! Join the MLC/ MELC Team!
Do you enjoy working with children?
Do you enjoy working with children? If yes, join us at the Mystic Early Learning Center today and work with an energetic and great group of students! We are now hiring for a Lead Preschool Teacher/ Preschool Director.
Are you 21 years of age? Have an Associate Degree in education or a related field? Can you work independently, support team needs as they arise, be flexible, and work in a fast-paced environment? Do you relate well with a diverse low-income community and local community agencies? If yes, click the link to learn more about the Lead Preschool Teacher position!
Hiring for the 2022-2023 school year. ** $1,000 sign on bonus, $500 after the first week of employment; $500 after 3 months ** This position is 30 to 40 hours a week. Start Date: Immediately
Resources for Somerville Families
The Human Service Division of the City of Somerville Department of Health and Human Services is now available to take online referrals for services through a new online contact form. Referrals may be completed by individuals directly seeking services, parents or guardians, service providers, or community partners.
The services provided are available at no cost to Somerville residents of all ages and include:
- Supportive counseling for individuals and families
- Briefcase management
- Service coordination for individuals and families
- Information and Referral to services
- Including mental health services, utility and benefits assistance, workforce development, housing support, youth services, financial literacy, legal assistance, survivor services, literacy, and language development, public health services, substance misuse services for youth.
- School consultation, support, and advocacy
Follow Us on Facebook
Like & Follow us Here! We are excited to share more of the great work we do and the incredible community collaborations we make to consistently support our community & engage with our donors & supporters.
Engage With Us on Instagram
Engage with us Here! We just joined the Instagram community! Come be part of our "founding followers" and spread the word, so more people know the great work we are doing!
Stay Tuned As We Update Our Website
Click Here to See Where We Are & To Watch Where We Are Going! We invest our time, energy, and resources in our direct program offerings for the community we serve. Now it's time we show you all we've been up to! Stay tuned as our website get's a facelift. :)
Address: 530 Mystic Avenue, Somerville, Ma 02145Phone: 617-623-0110