This week in room 208
September 19, 2016
- Reading- We are learning about how to read stories with feeling and meaning and how authors pick words specifically to help us understand the story.
- Writing - We will begin our Poetry unit this week! The kids are so excited to dive into poetry and all the fun imagery we will use.
- Math- We will continue working on Topic 3 Subtraction. Please help your student by having them practice basic subtraction facts at home.
- Social Studies - The class will continue learning about economics this week. Students will learn concepts such as supply, demand, bartering, and opportunity cost.
Events to Remember
- 23-Support your Timber wolf campaign kick-off PTA Playground Night 6:00-7:00 PM
- 26- Picture day *This has been moved from Wednesday the 14 to add another camera in hopes of making things run more smoothly.
Word Work Support
We are starting our word work groups this week! All of our second grade students have been assigned to a group based on the spelling skills they need to work on at this time. Each of the second grade teachers will be working with only one or two levels, allowing us to provide more focused instruction. The kids are excited to be working with friends from other classrooms and in some case in other classrooms. I will be letting you know what your child is working on and some options for additional at home practice. One tool that we will use will be Spelling City. This is an online resource that lets kids practice their spelling with fun games and activities. Here is the link if you'd like to give it a preview. http://www.spellingcity.com/pearson-words-their-way.html