Second Grade Happenings
December 6, 2015
This week was a week of first! Students were able to take their iPads home for the first time. They produced their first Animoto video project and began their first inquiry research project. Even with the fun and excitement of this and Holiday Hat and Dress Up Day your second graders were able still able to maintain their focus! You should be proud.
Our class will begin bringing their iPads home on a regular basis 2-4 days per week. While I may assign homework in the future, for now they can read or use any of the apps on their tablet. However, taking and saving a lot of pictures or videos on their camera roll should be discouraged since it can use up storage that we may need later. If at any time you have questions or concerns or you would like your child not to bring home their iPad, please contact me.
We are in need of empty paper towel tubes and soup cans for a project. If possible, please send them in this week.
- Nonfiction writing
- Noticing important ideas and writing them in our own words
- Jotting down questions while reading
- Measurement, perimeter and area
- Unit 3 test
- Multiplication and word problems
- Sharing what we have learned using Animoto
- Reliable resources on the internet
- Exploring good resources to use as we research
Books We've Read
- Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
- Now and Ben
- Oceans Alive: Corals
- Frogs by Gail Gibbons
Dates to Remember
- Mon., December 7 - P.E.
- Tue., December 8 - Music
- Wed., December 9 - Art
- Thur., December 10 - Mass Media
- Fri., December 11 - P.E.
- Fri., December 18 - Quarter Awards @ 9:00, All School Sing Along @9:45, Class Parties @ 3:00.
Writers' Workshop - Nonfiction writing
Math Workshop - Multiplication and relating multiplication to division
Inquiry Workshop - Research on our inquiry topic