Middle School Career Planning
What Kind Of Student Am I?
- I care about doing well in school
- I try my best in school every day
- I understand what I learn
What's My Learning Style?
Through taking this quiz, I found that I am a visual learner, someone who learns by seeing things.
Things I can do to learn well are:
- Write down key words, instructions, and ideas
- Try to visualize things that I hear or read
- Avoid distractions during study time
I have many favorite books, but here are a few:
- Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
- Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
- Under the Mesquite by Guadalupe Garcia McCall
- Many, many more!
- I think it is important to be resourceful since I will probably face many obstacles throughout my career path. This skill will help me overcome many problems I face.
- A situation I had to be resourceful was when I was making my vehicle for Odyssey of the Mind, and me and my group had to be resourceful so we could find a way to make our vehicle move.
- I know many people and friends in my social environment that are resourceful. Many of my friends solve problems for our STEM PBLs.
Career Inventory and Career Paths
A medical scientist is someone who works in a lab or with patients, observing their health to see if a cure works. They develop vaccines, medicines, and medical procedures, as well as finding the cause of diseases.
Some of the skills that are good to have:
- Good at math and science
- Being patient/persistent
- Being resourceful
Average Salary: $76,980
I can prepare for this career by focusing on classes such as science and math, and take classes such as advanced chemistry, biology, physics, and calculus in high school. I must also pay attention to ELA and writing, since medical scientists have to write about their ideas, and make proposals to the government. I am already do math with the seventh graders and am interested in science. I like learning about different diseases during my free time as well. I have good strength in all subjects, and so I think this job is good thing to aim at for me. I will take clubs and classes that relate to this job, so I will have more skills that are necessary for it.