Social Studies Weekly
Year 3 Volume 31 ~ May20, 2016
A special thanks to Lindsey Parnell from Glenn High School. She represented the Social Studies Department at the School Board Meeting on Tuesday. She spoke about the benefits of Discovery Education to teachers. Thanks Lindsey. And if you have not checked out Discovery Education, please do!
- Visit: http://www.discoveryeducation.com
- In the top right corner they will see a tab for “passcode”. Enter the following code: A2A5-3A6F
- You will then be prompted to set up an account.
There are videos and images. If you drop down the My DE Services, you can look at the Social Studies Tech Books. There are graphic organizers, interactive maps, and lesson ideas available. Please be mindful of your standards when using anything in Discovery Education.
Another Free Trial: Study Sync by McGraw-Hill
Go to www.connected.mcgraw-hill.com and enter the following:
Can I Get Five Minutes?
RC Ideas for August and February Survey
Only a Few Seats Left in the Social Studies Haiku Playground
- Practice using Haiku Assessment (easy grading!!)
- Google Draw - Students can create posters, diagrams, or use it for alternative assessment.
- Haiku Wikiprojects: a better way for students/groups to create projects
- Google Hangouts: bring community members to class virtually
Social Studies Haiku Playground
When: June 15th.
Time: 8:30-12:00 and/or 12:30-4:00
Register: My Learning Plan
Where: Computer Lab at the Ed Building
Message from Melissa
For my peeps that work for NCVPS, you made it and are done. Whew!
Have a great weekend everyone. And, thank you in advance for completing the very short surveys.