- The stages of a lawsuit is civil procedure.There are three stages to civil procedure; court pleadings, gathering evidence, and a trial.
- Most lawsuits never make it to a trial. Many people settle their disagreements before the trial even start. The two main reasons for this would be money and time
- People may also decide to not waste time and use the alternatives of mediation or arbitration, in mediation an unbaised person makes the decisions
- Pleadings-A formal, written statement explaining the cause of action or the defense in a legal cause.
- Evidence-Something that provides or tends to provide proof.