San Marcos Elementary
Weeks of May 11th and 18th
3rd grade CAASP tesing this week
9:30 Stephanie to DO
5:00 PTO Board Meeting
6:00 Reclassification Ceremony at SMHS
8:15 Bubble Assembly for Pre-K/K in MPR
9:00 Stephanie to DO
1;:30 Bubble Assembly for Pre-K/K in MPR
8:00-12:00 Stephanie and Rolayne at DO with team for Doug Fisher
4th to GIA
2:30- Staff Meeting
5:45 ELAC Parent Meeting
TK to Safari Park
2:00 Food Pantry
8:45 Grade Flag and Reclassification Awards
9:45 (or after flag) 5th Grade Panoramic Picture
5th CAASP Testing this week
9:20 Team from the Netherlands visiting SME
2:30 Fire Drill
3rd to the zoo
1:00 Good Citizen Assembly- check master
6:00 SMUSD Board Meeting for Employees of the Year
9:20 Reclassification Breakfast for all being reclassified in MPR
5:45 Parent Meeting
Last day for Intervention
12:00 Sped Team Meeting
4:00 BTSA Colloquium
1:30 Spin, Pop Boom- 4th and 5th
- Migrant Ed director was sharing with me about our parents at SME. He works with families all across North County San Diego. He shared that he has been very impressed with how knowledgeable and sophisticated our parents seem compared to other schools. I know this is because of the information you share with parents at meetings and what their children share with them at home.
- Thank you Katie and wheel teachers for yet another wonderful music performance!
- Dr. Holt has asked us to host visitors from the Netherlands in a week. They are in the country visiting our district to learn more about best practices. Dr. Holt asked if we could be the host school for the morning because of all the wonderful things happening here. We may or may not visit classrooms.
- BIG thank you to our 4th grade team for being the guinea pigs for the new state testing. We definitely had some glitches, they were so flexible and had a great attitude the whole time!
- Jack is out for another week. Please make sure to give Rosa a big thank you for moving to days.
- Remember to be consistent with expectations and procedures up until the end. We had kids not following school expectations this past week. Kids do not want school to end, they love all of you. Please help them understand their emotions and keep them in their regular routines as much as possible.
YOU HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB IN THE WORLD!
Totally Terrific Teaching Techniques and Technology Tools-
Free Tech training Aug. 10-11. Becca and Stephanie went last year, it was a really good training!