Homer Head Start News
Children see magic because they look for it.
2/17,19 and March 5th Tyson James bringing his guitar and playing music for us 10-11
2/18 Field Trip to Fireweed School (Parent Volunteers Needed!)
3/14 Parent Committee Meeting
Rural Cap wants your input on our Head Start Program. Please complete the attached survey, or go to the website listed at the top of the survey. Thank you!
At Home Activity
- Pen, crayon, or marker
- Put a raisin at the tip of each toothpick; the raisins will connect the toothpicks and keep them from being easily jostled apart.
- On a piece of paper, draw letters and shapes that correspond in size to the toothpicks.
- Have your child connect the toothpicks to create each letter or shape.
- You may not need to draw the letters or shapes for older children.
- Keep in mind that your child will eat some of the raisins (which makes the activity more fun), so keep plenty on hand.
In the Classroom
Dinosaurs will be walking the earth again starting on Monday. We will still be working on our kindergarten readiness goals in the classroom within our dino unit. Building paper dinosaurs out of different shapes children learn to use their fingers and thumbs, their colors and shapes. We will work on math skills through patters and also some history when we read stories about dinosaurs.
Thank you June Wing for shoveling our walk way!