Biology Research Project
Why I Picked This Subject
Definition Of Disorder
Affects On The Disorder
- Small Head
- Short Neck
- Facial Features
- Poor Muscle Tone
- Short Height
- Eyes Slanting
- Short Hands
- Excessive Flexibility
Causes Of Disorder
Down syndrome is consider more of a diseased caused by a visible abnormality of the chromosomes rather than a mutation.
Down syndrome can be caused by other factor such as trisomy 21, mosaic down syndrome and translocation down syndrome.
Its located on the 21st chromosome in the humans body because it has to many then its supposed to have.
No,its neither recessive or dominant because anybody can have a down syndrome baby it doesn't matter who the person is.
Nondisjunction covers 95% of this cause.
The other way to tell if a baby is down syndrome is because of a test called diagnosed tests.
The diagnosed test makes it where you can identify if your baby has down syndrome or not.
Down Syndrome Facts
- There are about 400,000 people in the united states that has down syndrome.
- This disease can affect all races and economic levels
- This is the most common birth defect
No, theres not a certain group of people or place that this disease occurs in. This can happen to anybody it really doesn't matter what group of people this is.
Its not that common, once in every 691 baby that is born in the united states has it.
- I discovered that down syndrome can occur to anybody and its not just a sexual thing that makes this disease occur.
- I also discovered that it happens least then i thought it did.
- I learned that it can affect different parts of the body instead of the way that they look like.
- Theres a lot of people in the world that has down syndrome and i didn't know it was that many.
- This is the most common birth defect and i didn't know that either until i learned a little about this.