RHS BlueJay Bulletin
November Edition 11-6-2020
Missing Assignment Weekly Report
Virtual Attendance Reminders
Because we are unable to use SISK12 for virtual attendance, The district has instituted the Weekly Virtual Attendance (WVA) grade to ensure students are participating. This amounts to 20 points a week and is comprised of:
- Being Present and camera on unless otherwise approved by a teacher, admin, or counselor.
- Participating in class discussions, responding to questions, typing in the chat when asked, and following directions.
- Being on time.
Procedure for Excusing Absences:
- Call (816) 268- 7310 or email email@example.com.
- The attendance office will verify documentation and or reason and communicate to the teachers whether or not the absence was excused.
- Once the attendance office sends verification to teachers that the absence is excused, the student may make up the session as determined by the teacher. If they successfully make it up, they will receive the 5 points back.
A & B Day Calendar
Winter Sports Parent Meeting
Student Expectations Reminders
- Zoom classroom meetings are required and count towards your attendance grade.
- Cameras must be on in order to receive full participation points unless you have permission from the classroom teacher, a counselor or administrator for valid reasons.
- Clothing must be school appropriate.
- Find a place in your house free from distractions and loud noises to be in class.
- Act as if you are at school (refrain from texting, laying in your bed, sleeping, etc)
- These grades are NOT hold harmless and will go on your transcript.
- Use tutorial time wisely to complete assignments and get help from teachers.
- Check your email DAILY.
- Check Google Classroom DAILY.
- Do not turn in BLANK Documents and expect to receive points.
EF Tour Trip (not school sponsored)- Ms. Kolster
If you're interested in getting more information, Ms. Kolster hosting a meeting on Zoom on Oct 20th at 7pm. Click here to get registered for the meeting so you can receive the Zoom link: https://bit.ly/36tzMQw
Virtual Learning Resources and Orientation on RHS Website
We have added important information to our school website page. RHS Website
On the menu bar, you will see a tab called Virtual Orientation. Here you will find Meet the Teacher Open House Videos, Freshman Orientation Presentation, and Virtual Learning Resources. Use the Links below to access each page. There are helpful videos embedded in the Virtual Learning Presentation that give instructions regarding Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.
The Newsletter is now also on our website page under the BlueJay Bulletin Tab.
Student Services Staff Contacts
Library Media Specialist: