CLASS OF 2021
Project Graduation Memory Lane Senior Poster Info
Dear Parents/Guardians & Seniors,
We are happy that there are many things in the works to celebrate the Class of 2021 - these kids deserve it! Although it is not possible to hold Westborough's traditional Project Graduation this year, we will still be working to help celebrate these seniors, just as our organization has since 1991. Project Graduation will be coordinating a long-standing tradition that all can participate in - the senior poster. As with last year, these collages supplied by parents and guardians of photos and memories of your seniors will be on display at a special "Memory Lane" event following Baccalaureate on the turf at the High School on June 4th.
The deadline is of the essence. Please make sure your poster arrives before MAY 17th and adheres to the size restrictions below to assist us in maintaining proper social distancing.
- Design horizontally – 22(h) x 28(w) inches is the traditional poster board size, although many vinyl banners will be slightly larger. Please *no taller than 36" high, no longer than 48" wide*. Since they will be outdoors, we require that the posters/banners be printed on weather-proof vinyl or laminated with heavy-duty laminate.
- Include the student's name on the front of the banner (also include a label with name on the back upper left corner of the poster).
- For *vinyl banners*, we recommend grommets be placed in the corners to assist with hanging on the fences. (Don’t forget about grommet placement related to the photos you choose for the corners.) For *laminated posters*, grommets are best avoided as it is a route for water to get in. We have adhesive clear plastic hangers for hanging these.
- Be aware that handmade collage posters, although made with much love, may not weather the outdoor elements well even if laminated. We strongly suggest you order an outdoor vinyl banner with grommets, as these hold up best.
- Examples of last year's Memory Lane posters can be found at https://photos.app.goo.gl/K2Cvg9Deg4fdM3qN9 or at www.ProjectGraduationWestborough.org.
There are numerous places where you can create your poster; below is a list of possible vendors. Note: Non-laminated posters cannot be hung this year. It is required that your poster be printed on outdoor vinyl or laminated with heavy duty outdoor laminate.
- CurryPrinting.com - highly recommended as they are a huge supporter of Westborough High School. They have the heavy-duty laminate and can assist you in laminating your poster or printing your outdoor vinyl poster and with design if necessary. Be sure to mention that you will be hanging your poster outdoors. They are located here in town at 190 Turnpike Road. Contact Charlene Henry at: 508-366-4060 for assistance or to order. As noted below, high resolution images purchased at postermywall.com or posters from Walmart can be printed and laminated at Curry Printing as well. Resolution should be 300dpi or higher.
- Shutterfly.com - now offers vinyl banners: https://www.shutterfly.com/sitesearch/vinyl+banner
- Vistaprint.com - 1.7 x 3 or 2.5 x 4 Horizontal Only - Vinyl Outdoor Banner with grommets https://www.vistaprint.com/signs-posters/vinyl-banners?xnid=TopNav_Vinyl_Banners_Signage+and+Trade+Show+Displays&xnav=TopNav
- Staples.com - https://www.staples.com/services/printing/outdoor-signs/
- Postermywall.com - you can create a high res image/collage with text and photos, etc. Just select “Publish” to order a high-res image that you can send to Curry Printing or Staples to have printed on outdoor vinyl material. Please confirm sizing is available with your print shop: https://www.postermywall.com/index.php/posterbuilder/create?t=poster&r=1
Drop off your poster at the WHS front office or at 54 Water Street by May 17th (front porch in the bin). You will get it back after the celebration.
Please email any questions to: LisaScottWHSMemoryLane@gmail.com.
Memory Lane Committee
Class of 2021 Event Updates
Many exciting events are in the works to celebrate the Class of 2021 and mark the conclusion of your high school experience. As details are finalized, we will be making announcements to you. For now, we can share the following event information:
- Updated Senior Last Day - Details coming at 4-7-21 SC Meeting
- "Adopt a Senior"- Senior registration underway- contact Jen McGrath at WPL for more details
- Mr. WHS - May 27th
- Baccalaureate - June 4th
- Project Graduation Memory Lane Stroll - June 4th at WHS
- WHS Graduation - June 5th at 5pm on the WHS turf