Aimee Hebert and Jace Brown 1st Hour
Intro to Polynomials
A Polynomial is an extension of Quadratics with Complex Numbers.
- polynomial- a monomial or a sum of difference of monomials
- polynomial function- a function whose rule is a polynomial
- factor by grouping- to factor a polynomial with four terms by grouping, factor common monomials from pairs of terms, and then look for common binomial factors
- factor by grouping- pairs of terms that have a common monomial factor
- synthetic division- a shorthand method of dividing by a linear binomial of the form (x-a) by writing only the coefficients of the polynomial
Exponent Challenge Problem
Dividing Polynomials Using Long Division
"10.1 - Introduction to Polynomials." 10.1 - Introduction to Polynomials. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Jan. 2016.
"HRW: High School Math - Multilingual Glossary." HRW: High School Math - Multilingual Glossary. N.p., n.d. Web. 19 Jan. 2016.
"Multiply Polynomial By Monomial." . Examples, Practice Problems Explained Step by Step. All You Have to Do Is.. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2016.
"Simplifying Using the FOIL Method Lessons -- Algebra.Help." Simplifying Using the FOIL Method Lessons -- Algebra.Help. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Jan. 2016. <http://www.algebrahelp.com/lessons/simplifying/foilmethod/pg2.htm>.