Board Highlights November 28, 2022
Sargent Aviation Club
Letter of Resignation
Board approval was given for the resignation letter from Alexis Wingert, Junior High English Teacher.
- Capital AE- $5,000.00 for staff augmentation and on-call support for facility management and operations consulting for the HVAC
- MechOne- $25,000.00 for heating system checks and repairs
- Trinidad State Junior College- $20,335.20 for Fall Concurrent Enrollment
- PEBC- $15,400.00 for 7 days professional development math coaching
Junior Class-Christmas Community Dinner
- Reagan Curtis, Amelia Ford, and Josiah Yocom were all appointed as FBLA District Officers and will be coordinating a workshop at the district Leadership Conference in February.
- Bailey Asbell is being recognized for her photo and essay on water. She was selected as one of the top 40 submissions for the 2022 Student Water Student Showcase. As a top entrant she will receive a gift certificate donated by Colorado Parks and Wildlife as well as an invitation to meet state legislators and water sector leaders at a Meet and Greet event at the State Capitol building in January. In addition, she will get the opportunity for her artwork to be showcased online at water22.org and in a physical location!
- Kaelyn Deacon has achieved honorable mention in the CASB art contest. She was also given the opportunity to have lunch at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs to receive recognition for he sculpture.
- Starting in January, Ms. Floriani will be helping facilitate weekly group sessions for parent of gifted children.
- Westen Burkhart was named this years Southern Peaks Cross Country Runner of the Year. He will also be competing at the Junior Olympics in Texas.
- Megan Peterson was named to the 2nd team all-conference volleyball team and Stephanie Johnson was placed on the honorable mention all-conference volleyball team.
- Jaycian Sierra earned 2nd team defense for the All Valley Team and Wyatt Cross earned 1st team defense for the All Valley Team.
SENG Model Parent Group Information
Sargent Elementary November Students of the Month
Front row: JJ Evig, Ava Banderas, Tytan Lowder, Chase Hahn
Middle row: Kinsley Price, Connor George, Camrey Barlow, Cooper Reynolds
Back row: Emily Capron, Aubree Banderas, Micah Stephens, Slater Ensz
Elementary Student Council
We will be collecting items beginning on Monday, December 5th-Tuesday, December 20th. We'll have boxes in front of each classroom to collect items. The grade level that collects the most items will earn a reward. (TBA). We can accept any non-perishable food items.
Our school goal (K-6) is to collect 500 items for donation.
Sargent Elementary Student Council
$1.00 each or 6 for $5.00
Who: Student Council is selling Christmas Grams!
What: Candy Canes with personal message attached.
Where: Delivery to preschool, Elementary, JH, & HS!
When: Sales: 12/1/22-12/15/22. Delivery: 12/22/22
Why: To earn money for STUCO...
and of course to spread Christmas Cheer!
Student council Members will be selling to students, each morning! Students can fill out their own card. Parents...if you'd like to make a purchase...please feel free to fil out the cards attached, or make a list with the information and we'll fill it out for you! Please include first and last names, as well as the grade level/classroom teacher of the receiving student!
If you have any questions, please contact a STUCO member or Mrs. Durre.