Summer Literacy Institute
Grades 2 - 3
July 30, 2019 & July 31, 2019
Please join us for this two day foundational literacy experience as we discuss, outline and model key components of your students' universal reading success.
Day one will focus on all the facets of guided instruction including assessment, scheduling and appropriate word work for our early, transitional and fluent readers.
- Learn how to structure guided instruction based on student needs.
- Learn how to embed word work so there is direct application of skills.
- Learn about the components of balanced literacy and how to create the most effective ELA block.
Day two will focus on writing and expressive language for our early, transitional and fluent writers.
- Learn how to structure a writing workshop based on the needs of early, transitional and fluent writers.
- Learn how to include language skills for all students.
- Learn how to embed many of the high impact strategies that increase student learning.
This two day intensive institute is for teachers who want to learn more about the literacy development of their students, increase student engagement and improve student outcomes. We look forward to seeing you for this collaborative learning experience. This Summer Literacy Institute is a repeat workshop and if you attended last year, you may want to consider our Literacy Institute 2.0 on July 23, 2019
Learning Outcomes will include:
- Participants will learn about the facets of guided instruction at the early, transitional and fluent stages.
- Participants will understand how to embed language skills into writing and reading.
- Participants will gain knowledge of appropriate foundational word work for early, transitional and fluent readers.
- Participants will learn about writing strategies appropriate for early, transitional and fluent writers.
This workshop is offered at no additional cost to districts participating in both School Improvement (LS1) and Title 1 Fee For Service Bloomer, Bruce, Colby, Eleva-Strum, Gilman, Gilmanton, Greenwood, Ladysmith, Lake Holcombe, Loyal, Neillsville, New Auburn, Owen-Withee, and Spencer. (Discount will be automatically applied.) For districts only participating in one of the services or neither, the cost will be $1,000 per participant.