The Hawk Report
Christa McAuliffe MS Parent Newsletter - Week of Nov. 14th
A Message From Our Principal, Mr. Lemon
Greetings Hawk Nation Parents and Students,We are one week away from our Thanksgiving, week-long break... woohoo! Our students are working hard and we are so thankful for the them and our staff who make CMMS a great place to be.
As we inch closer to the break, we ask that you keep the following important updates in mind:
- Thanksgiving Break (No School) Monday, November 21 - Friday, November 25. We hope that you enjoy your family and give thanks for the many blessings that you have. We give thanks for you and yours!
- Our "CMMS Winter Wonderland" Winter Dance is coming Friday, December 9th. All grade levels will be able to purchase tickets for the special event. Parents, please remind your student(s) that in order attend, they cannot have an ISS/OSS assignment, referral for Skipping, Disruptive Behavior, and/or Inappropriate Physical Contact / Fighting, or more than 5 tardies from Monday, Nov. 7 up to the day of the dance. If you would like to donate decorations, snacks, or drinks to the dance, please contact Dr. Johnson at KimberlyD.Johnson@fortbendisd.com.
- Progress Report 4 grades close this Friday (11/18)! Please review your student's Skyward account and make sure that all grades are passing (70 and above). We are encouraging students to strive for A's & B's as we know that our Hawks are more than capable of high academic success. Should you have a question or concern about your student's grade, please contact the classroom teacher.
- Please remember our cell phone policy! Parents we really need your help with cell phones and earbuds. Students are not allowed to have them seen or heard from 8:25am to 4:10pm. Please assist us by speaking with your student and reminding them that their phone and earbuds should be put away while at school. Should you need to reach your student during the day due to an emergency, please call the school and ask to speak with their grade-level administrator; please do not call or text your student. Below is our phone policy should your student's phone be seen/heard.
- Attendance Matters! Each instructional day is filled with new material and additional opportunities for student growth. It is essential that we have our Hawk Scholars in attendance each and every day, for the entirety of the day. Please remember that Texas has a 90% rule that states that a student must be in attendance 90% of the time to receive credit for a course. Should an emergency or illness arise and your student must be out, please be sure to send a note to Ms. Katrina Taylor, CMMS Attendance Clerk, at Katrina.Taylor@fortbendisd.com, so that the absence can be excused.
- Earlier in October we reviewed our campus expectations to ensure our Hawks continue to be Hawk PROUD. Feel free to review the presentation with your student, and continue to encourage them to make good choices each and every day.
Let's continue to work together, and please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns. Remember, we are Hawk Nation... Hawk Proud!
Mr. Trevor Lemon
Principal, Christa McAuliffe MS
Week of Thanksgiving - Thank a CMMS Staff Member!
Attention 8th Grade Parents... It's Time to Apply for Willowridge HS P-TECH!
Click here for more information about WHS P-TECH and how to apply.
Attention 8th Grade Parents: FBISD High School Academies Application is Now Open
High School Academies Application
November 1st - December 9th
Fort Bend ISD High School Academy applications are now open. Applications will be accepted from November 1st - December 9th. At the bottom of this newsletter you will find step-by-step instructions on the application process. The link to apply is: https://academy.fortbendisd.com/
For more information on HS Academies, please visit: https://www.fortbendisd.com/Domain/70
Support Our Hawk Athletes!
Hey Hawks... Remember... No Cell Phones / Earbuds from 8:25am - 4:10pm
The Lending Library - Parent Agreement Forms
Click the Yellow Bar to complete the 2022-2023 Free and Reduced Meal Application. A new application is needed each school year. All families are asked to apply!
FBISD Whole Child Health Initiative
As a part of the Whole Child Health Initiative, Fort Bend ISD is excited to present our second parent webinar of the 2022-23 school year: "Exploring Post-Secondary Options." The parent webinar will be held on Wednesday, November 16th at 6 p.m.
Whole Child Health, focuses on Whole Child Health, is aligned with FBISD's Profile of a Graduate, and is committed to supporting and developing the mental, behavioral, social, emotional, and physical health of all students in FBISD.
Just a Few Reminders...
Athletic Clear Bag Regulations
Helpful Items You May Need
CMMS 2022-23 Administrative Team
Mr. Blake Wilson
Assistant Principal / 7th Grade Principal
Mr. Brandon Woodard
Assistant Principal / 6th Grade Principal
Mrs. DeeDe Burke
Dean of Instruction
CMMS 2022-23 Counseling Team
Ms. Twana Jones
Lead Counselor / 6th Grade Counselor
Ms. Nancy Lake
7th Grade Counselor
Ms. Monica Doxey
8th Grade Counselor