Your home for MHS news & events. Volume 26
Short Week Alert!
I trust that you are back in the swing of things after spring break. Thank you so much for your commitment to your students and your teams. Please stay firm with your expectations for behavior and academics. Senior teachers, your task becomes infinitely more difficult now that class rank is locked. Keep them engaged and help them to finish strong. Enjoy your day off this Friday.
Some happenings this week......
Allen ISD will be touring our building on Tuesday with Mr. Bennett as they look at redesigning their freshman campus. Our PTO will be hosting their monthly Lunch and Learn in the upstairs flex space. Did anybody notice our little guests from Malvern last week? We were the evacuation site for Malvern Elementary Tuesday-Thursday. Thank you for making their staff feel welcome during a difficult time.
Thank you to Shelly Spaulding, Kelly Armbrewster, Tina Kelman, Julia Gameros, Kathryn Brashears and any teacher with ESL students. You guys made TELPAS testing relatively flawless. Please give us feedback on how we can make the testing and writing sample collection better for next year. Big shout out to Kristen Spain for allowing me to close the library and cut off the learning for students during TELPAS testing (inside joke).
Have a great week. Thursday is our "Friday," so feel free to wear jeans and a spirit shirt.
The McKinney High School
Clubs and Organizations in the Yearbook.
Staff, we want to make sure we include the student organizations you sponsor in our yearbook. The clubs listed below have not filled out the required information to be included in this year's yearbook. If your club is listed below, please complete the google form by the end of the day Tuesday, or your club will not be included in the yearbook.
Aviation R/C Club
Future Leaders of America
The girls will play against Frisco Centennial at 7:30 p.m. @ McKinney Boyd.
The boys will play against Frisco Heritage at 8:00 p.m. @ Clark Stadium in Plano.
Great Things from MHS Teachers
MHS Students Doing Great Things
The following members of the Boys Basketball team were recently honored
1st Team All-District
Alex Vilarino, District 10-5A Offensive Player of the Year
EJ Clark, Junior (Unanimous Selection)
Tanner Bouck, Senior
Josh Brinkmann, Senior
Zachary Miles, Senior
Eric Nelson, Junior
Dominic St. Leon, Sophomore
Michael Brooks, Senior
Camryn Givens, Junior
CJ Givens, Senior
Antonio Lyons, Junior
Additionally, our theater students competed in the UIL One Act Play and several were recognized for their hard work.
Outstanding Technician Lauren Thompson
All Star Cast Yoki Ongwela
Honorable Mention Cast Jack Moraglia
Great job to the above students for their success in the world of athletics and fine arts.
Please click on the following link and fill out the information so we may order regalia. This needs to be completed by the end of the day on Tuesday, 3/22.
Since Friday, June 3rd is a required work day, if your grades are complete and you work graduation that evening, you will not be required to work that day.
MHS Teacher Events
- 3/21 Bond Information Meeting with Dr. McDaniel and Cody Cunningham in the Auditorium at 2:40
- 3/22 ILT Meeting, F101 @ 7:30
- 3/22 Fire Drill @ 8:45
- 3/22 PTO Board Meeting, F101 @ 10:15
- 3/22 PTO Lunch & Learn, Upstairs Flex @ 11:15
- 3/22 OLT Meeting, Downstairs Flex @ 2:30
- 3/24 Fine Arts Bond Meeting in Cafeteria @ 6:30 p.m.
- 3/25 NO SCHOOL Good Friday
- 3/21 - 3/25 Marquette Line Tryouts - Gym
- 3/21 Yoga Club, K100 @ 2:40
- 3/22 - 3/23 Boys Golf District 10 5A Tournament @ 8:00am (Away)
- 3/22 Tennis vs. Rowlett @ 3:00 (Away)
- 3/22 Softball vs. Wylie East @ 7:00 (Home)
- 3/22 Baseball vs. Wylie East @ 7:30 (Home)
- 3/23 Key Club, Downstairs Flex @ 2:30
- 3/23 NHS Meeting, Upstairs Flex @ 2:45
- 3/24 Jesus Christ Movement Club, E214 @ 2:30
- 3/24 Softball vs. Prosper @ 7:00 (Away)
- 3/24 Baseball vs. Prosper @ 7:30 (Away)
- 3/24 Track & Field Relays @ 4:00 (Away)
- 3/25 Bad Weather Day - Student / Staff Holiday
Usually I try to play it safe with the articles I send you guys. Read at your own risk.
Personal Leave Black Out Days
Nuts & Bolts Reminders
- Please make sure that you submit your attendance daily!
- Lesson Plans are due in Forethought by 7:30 each Monday.
- Students should not be in the hall without a pass.
- Tutoring is from 2:40 until 3:15 (students must stay the whole time).