Digital Interactive Notebooks
Google Age of Notebooks
Description & Overview
Time - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location - ONU - McIntosh Center, Ada, Ohio
Contact Hours - 5 hours
Overview: Technology is the world in which we live in and our students live in, so let the MRESC help you to imagine a classroom with less paper, less clutter, and lots of excitement. Interactive notebooks are utilizing what you already do in the classroom, but using technology to engage students even more. Through added engagement, students perform better and learn more.
This training session will teach you the basics of digital interactive notebooks and guide you in creating a technology-filled learning experiences. Digital interactive notebooks teach students how to organize their thoughts, accommodate multiple learning styles, track student growth, provide resources for future learning, engage parents, inspire creativity, and reduce classroom clutter.
At this session you will:
- Be guided through the steps of creating, implementing, and managing digital interactive notebooks using various Google tools
- Learn to utilize interactive notebooks without cutting and gluing pages or keeping track of physical notebooks
- Observe the modeling of digital interactive notebooks to instruct the session
- Create dynamic interactive activities from static resources
- Utilize a DIAN template for you to customize for your classroom
>>Participants must bring a laptop/Chromebook to the session and have either a personal or classroom Google account. Please download the "Google Setup" PDF located at the end of this flyer for some pre-event technology reminders. It's Easy!
- The instructor for the workshop will email participants on or about September 25th to confirm the email associated with the google account you will be using for the workshop.
Faculty: Dave Shellhaas, Director of Curriculum & School Improvement, MRESC
Think Digital. Think Technology. Think Engagement.
- $75.00 for Shelby, Logan, Hardin, Madison and Champaign County Public Schools/Districts, Career Centers, and Boards of DD. **>>Districts purchasing presenter contract (i.e. Curriculum Services with Dave Shellhaas, MRESC) may attend at no cost.
- $105.00 for school districts outside of the above counties or other agencies/non-profits.
Friday, Oct. 5th, 9am-3pm
OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY, MCINTOSH CENTER, 402 WEST COLLEGE, ADA, OH 45810
What time should I arrive at the training site? Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the check-in process.
Food & Beverage: Bottled water and assorted breakfast bars will be available at the beginning of each session. While coffee or other food will not be served, participants are free to bring snack items for themselves or to share with the group. Lunch will be on your own. Please plan accordingly…..
What You Should Bring? Participants should bring note taking materials and writing utensils with them to the session. Participants must bring a laptop/Chromebook to the session and have either a personal or classroom Google account.
- Please click on the "PRE-EVENT IT Reminders" button below to download additional instructions.
Our Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received 11 days prior to the day of the event. Cancellations receive outside of this policy will not be accepted. Attendees and/or employing districts will be billed accordingly.
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
Our Vision: To Be Your First Choice in Educational Services
Our Mission is to partner with school districts to improve outcomes for students and families with innovative, specialized services and programs at reasonable costs.