An Update from Barrington High School - November 15, 2019
SEMESTER 1 - SAVE THE DATE
11/21 - TEENS & VAPING: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (see below for details)
11/27 - 29 - THANKSGIVING BREAK - NO SCHOOL
12/05 - "Putting the Pieces Together" Program for Freshmen Parents
12/09 - BHS PTO Meeting
12/18 - 20 - Semester One Final Exams (tentative)
12/23 - WINTER BREAK BEGINS
01/07/2020 - Students return to school (S2 begins)
BHS S1 FINAL EXAM INFORMATION
PLEASE NOTE: Some classes will have a project, paper, portfolio, or presentation as their final assessment or the final exam will be administered during regularly scheduled class time so those course will not be listed on the chart.
Below is the schedule for the three days designated as final exams days.
More information regarding finals....
- Cafeteria will be open during finals from 7:30AM to 2:30PM for grab and go food only.
- Testing center is open during each final exam period for students who miss an exam due to an excused absence (illness).
- If a student has 2 exams scheduled at the same time or 3 exams in one day, please notify the teacher to arrange taking the final in the testing center.
- Final exam locations (and times) will be found in Infinite Campus under assignments once locations are finalized.
- Students with extended time should communicate with their case manager on their schedules.
- Busses will run at their regular time in the morning and depart school at 3:00 PM.
EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION TEST
SIGN UP FOR AMAZON SMILE AND HEINEN'S
Remember to sign up with Amazon Smile before holiday shopping this year and .5% of your purchase will go back to our school! Ask family members to sign up, too. To shop at AmazonSmile, simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier. Be sure to select “Parent Teacher Organization of Barrington High School” in Barrington IL (NOT Barrington, Rhode Island) If you’d like to change your charity, go to Accounts and Lists, My Smile Account and click on Change Charity.
HEINEN’S: Either go online or to the Customer Service Desk at Heinen’s and select Barrington High School, 1% to goes back to the school!
TEENS & VAPING: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
While the use of traditional tobacco products has continued to decline for teens, vaping has reached epidemic proportions, with almost 28% of high school students saying they have vaped in the last 30 days, and almost 21% saying they vape every day (2018 data). Vaping is up to about 9% of 8th graders as well.
Please join us on Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 7:00PM - 8:30PM in the CRC at BHS to learn the latest updates from the Lake County Health Department, FAIR Counseling Center, BHS staff and students, as well as a student in recovery. All Parents, middle school and high school students, educators, and concerned community members are invited to attend. See attached flyer for more details.
Sponsored by the Barrington High School PTO and BStrong Together 501(c)3