Merryhill School News
September 20, 2019
I was reminded this week that we are family for our current and past students. An entire class of former graduates came back together to provide love and support to a classmate when the family needed it.
I was so touched about how this group from our Merryhill family rallied together, even after being several years post 6th grade graduation, to be the close knit family that we pride ourselves on.
I firmly believe that it takes a village to raise children! Please be reminded that we are family, and we are proud to be part of your "village." Hold your children tight and thank you for sharing them with us!
Picture Days - Next Week
- Monday, September 23rd - All preschool students (Infants through Pre-Kindergarten) will take individual and class photos. (Class photos will only be taken for Beginners through 6th grade - no class photos for Infants or Toddlers.) Sibling photos will be taken on Monday for all groups that include a preschool student.
- Monday, September 23rd - All elementary students will take yearbook and class photos in their normal uniform.
- Tuesday, September 24th - All elementary students will take fall pictures. This is a free dress day for elementary students.
In addition to the free week of tuition received after a referral, we often will hold drawings for additional prizes. The Che family received a gift basket of Merryhill goodies and a $100 Target gift card! Thank you to all of our great referrals! We will hold another drawing before the end of 2019.
Hearing and Vision Screening - Friday, October 4th
All students in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th Grades, and any new elementary students to our school are required by law to have hearing, vision, and diabetes screenings. We will have Metroplex Educational Consultants here on 10/4 to complete the screenings; registration information was sent home today. They will also conduct other optional screenings at parent request; those forms were also sent home today.
If you want to provide results from your doctor in lieu of having them conduct these tests, we must have a copy of the results no later than September 26.
$20 - Hearing and vision screening combination (Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th Grades, and any new elementary student to our school)
$12 - Hearing and / or vision individually
$5 - Diabetes screening (1st, 3rd, 5th grades)
$12 - Spinal screening (5th grade girls only)
- Friday, September 20th: Back to School Mixer for 2nd-6th grades 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 23rd and Tuesday, September 24th: Fall pictures / Class pictures
- Tuesday, September 24th: Chipotle Spirit Night 5:00-9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 26th: Perot Museum School Assembly - Pre-Kindergarten through 6th Grades
- Friday, September 27th: Colors of Love
- Wednesday, October 2nd - Thursday, October 3rd: 4th, 5th, and 6th grades overnight class trip to Pine Cove
- Friday, October 4th: Spirit Day
- Friday, October 4th: Big Steps Little Feet 10:00 am
- Friday, October 4th: Fundraiser Launch
- Friday, October 4th: Hearing and Vision Screening
- Monday, October 7th: National Day of Play - Caine's Cardboard Challenge