What's up in 2D!
Weekly happenings in the life of a second grader
Lunch Room Helpers!
November 4th- 8th - Scholastic Book Fair
November 8th- Grandparents' Day
November 11th- Veteran's Day! Wear Red White & Blue!
November 21st - Thanksgiving Feast!
2. We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or put downs!
3. We will use good manners saying, "please," "thank you," and "excuse me," and allow others to go first.
4. We will cheer each other to SUCCESS!
5. We will help one another whenever possible!
6. We will recognize every effort and applaud it!
7. We will encourage each other to do our best!
8. We will practice virtuous living using the life principles!
The Life Principles
2. Effort -doing one's best in an endeavor. Ask your learner if they are giving their best effort at school!
3. Compassion: ability to share another's feelings or ideas.
4. Respect - paying proper attention or showing consideration to others.
5. Common Sense- thinking before acting, using good judgement
You are a genius and the world needs your contribution!
Here's what we need to KNOW!
Math: We are starting a new unit on addition and subtraction. Last week we focused primarily on addition story problems and strategies to use with addition problems. This week we will be changing gears and focusing on subtraction. Students should be able to add and subtract two digit numbers in second grade.
Science: This week we will begin our unit on force and motion. More detailed information regarding lessons will be forth coming! We are still in the processes of designing these learning experiences for next week.
Language Arts: This week in language arts we will begin discussing parts of speech. We will learn about proper and common nouns. We will also talk about contractions and how a word changes to possessive form. Students will continue their work in Daily Five practicing reading and writing every day.
Social Studies: This week is dedicated to learning about the significance of Veteran's Day. If your learner has a family member who has served in the armed services we would love to know more about that. Feel free to send in pictures or stories about your Veteran to share with the class.
- colored copy paper
- 2 sets of ear buds for student use