October 2, 2022
🔵 🔵 🔵 🔵 COUNT DAY - OCTOBER 3RD 🔵 🔵 🔵 🔵
We love to see every student's smiling face each and every day!
We especially like to see them on Count Day!
Our staffing and programming depend on your student being counted on count day. Count Day is precisely what it sounds like. It is totaling the student population at each school. The more students in attendance on Oct. 3, 2022, the more teachers, support staff, and programs we are able to maintain and build at our school. Your child’s attendance in school is important every day, especially on Oct. 3, 2022. This is the day districts are asked to report all students who are actively enrolled and attending classes through their district. By simply attending school on that day, your child can help us continue building on our great school community. We ask that you avoid this day for any appointments that may keep your student from attending school so we may Count You IN!
2022 HOWBERT WALK-A-THON
Our 2022 Walk-a-Thon was a super success!
Everyone was engaged and having fun.
- I want to thank all families for helping their children collect pledges for the Walk-a-Thon.
- I want to thank all of the volunteers that helped support the event and make it outstanding.
- I want to thank all of our school partners that came out and cheered on students.
- I want to thank the PTO and especially Amanda Jo Nelson for organizing the event.
- I also want to thank all the students for participating and showing respect throughout the event.
- Congratulations to Baila Martin for her winning Walk-a-Thon sticker design.
All the outcomes of the Walk-a-Thon will be in the next Howbert Happenings.
The Howbert Guiding Coalition (SAC) is a team of staff and parents/guardians that meet monthly to learn about what is happening at Howbert Elementary, ask questions, and provide input.
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, October 13th from 5:00-6:00 in-person at Howbert or online via Webex (click here to join meeting).
We encourage and welcome your partnership in the Guiding Coalition.
GREAT SCHOOLS WEBSITE
GreatSchools is the leading nonprofit providing high-quality information that supports parents pursuing a great education for their child, schools striving for excellence, and communities working to diminish inequities in education.
The Great Schools website is frequently visited by families looking for great schools and Howbert is one of those Great Schools!
Howbert Elementary's listing will soon be updated with the latest data to reflect the improvements to many of the parameters .
We need your help in providing a review of Howbert. We currently only have five reviews on the website and the last one was posted in 2015.
Please take a few minutes to write and share a review of Howbert. You can click on the button below to go directly to Howbert's Great Schools webpage.
Your review would be greatly appreciated!
Howbert Elementary is looking for . . .
- Recess supervisors - contact the front office 328-4200
- Interventionists/tutor - contact Cyndy Tatum firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crossing-guard - contact the front office 328-4200
Learning through the Catamount Institute
Home | Howbert Elementary School PTO
About Our PTO group was formed in 2019. Prior to that Howbert had an active PTA group since the 1980's. We switched to a PTO in order to keep 100% of donations at Howbert Elementary. Every year we host our Walk-A-Thon. This is our only fundraiser each year seeking donations.