SRES FAMILY NEWSLETTER FOR DEC. 26, 2022 & JAN. 9, 2023
December 22: Minimum Day
December 23-January 8: NO SCHOOL- Winter Break
January 10: PTC Meeting 6:30pm (Library)
January 13: Panoramic School Picture
January 16: NO SCHOOL- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 17: TK/K Registration Opens (see details below)
January 18: RUSD Board Meeting 6:30pm (Board Room)
January 18: PTC Coyote Night Out @ Panda Express
Happy Holidays from all of us at Sunset Ranch Elementary! We look forward to seeing all of our Coyotes in 2023!
Thank you to our PTC and Coyote families for our Feliz Navidad Luncheon!
2023-2024 TK and Kindergarten Enrollment- Registration Opens on Jan. 17th
Please click on the attached flyer with important dates and links to the RUSD registration page and to sign up for the TK/K Parent Information Webinar next Tuesday, December 20, 2022, from 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Placer County MLK Jr. Day Poetry and Poster Contests- Due Jan. 3rd
RISING ABOVE IN LOVE, TRUTH, AND GOODNESS.
- Poets/Artists must be 18 or younger when submitted.
- Poets/Artists may use their full name, first name only, or a pseudonym at their parent's discretion. Poems will be shared publicly. Contact information will not be published.
- All poetry styles are welcome. Artists may use materials of their choice- sketch, collage, watercolor, etc. (Min. size for posters is 8.5"x11", Max. is 18"x24")
- Poems/Posters will be available for viewing digitally. Winning poems will be used to promote the Placer County MLK Jr. Day March and showcased during the event on 1/16/23.
- Send as .jpgs., .pdfs, or .doex to firstname.lastname@example.org or posters to email@example.com
- In addition to the entry, please include: Poet's/Artist's name, age, grade, name of school. Release form, including parent/guardian's name and contact info.
Guest Teachers Needed!
As all districts continue to experience substitute teacher shortages, Senate Bill (SB) 1397, temporarily waiving the Basic Skills Requirement for the Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit, becomes effective January 1, 2023.
From January 1, 2023, to July 1, 2024, the Basic Skills Requirement is waived for the issuance of the Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit. This change means that candidates who wish to obtain an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit will only need to provide official transcripts showing the conferral of a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
If you know of any individuals who are interested in substitute teaching and have a 4-year degree but do not have a permit, please encourage them to apply to the Rocklin Unified School District EDJOIN posting (EDJOIN posting). The Human Resource Team will assist these applicants in the process of obtaining an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit.
Order Your Yearbook ONLINE NOW!
The SRES 2022-2023 Yearbook is on sale now! Yearbooks are $25.00 (upgrades available for an additional cost) and we are accepting online orders only at this time. Please visit Lifetouch Yearbook now to order your copy today! Yearbook ID Code: 13231223
The deadline to order online and customize the yearbook for your student is APRIL 1. ORDER TODAY.
PTC Meeting, Sponsors & Upcoming Events
- Join the email list to be informed on what's going on with the PTC. Sign-up Here!
- Make sure you mark your calendars for their upcoming events this year (see above)!
- Become a corporate sponsor!
- Click on link below to the Sunset Ranch PTC website and bookmark it to stay up-to-date!
Afterschool STEM Enrichment Classes by INTELLIBRICKS-Sign Up Now!
MEALS CONTINUE TO BE FREE FOR ALL STUDENTS!
Welcome back to school for the 2022-23 school year. During the upcoming year, MEALS WILL BE FREE FOR ALL STUDENTS!
Although meals are free, we still need families to complete the Federal Meal Application to direct your State and Federal tax dollars to RUSD. This funding is used to provide counselors, intervention and tutoring programs, mental health and behavioral supports, full day TK and Kindergarten programs, and more. Please take a moment to complete the application online at the link here.