Week of 11/26/18
A Message from the Administrator
Greetings MCS Families,
I would like to take some time to update our families about our middle school expansion. The board selected RGU Architecture & Planning out of Lewiston to help us with our expansion. Last week we put out a Request for Proposals (RFP) to receive bids for the general contractor.
The overall building will be around 5,000 square feet and contain a front office, four classrooms, and a science lab. Our plan is to move the 5th through 8th graders into the new building, which would then open up an additional classroom in the main building. The new middle school expansion will be located in front of our current building in the main parking lot. We will be restructuring our current parking lot after we take out the house and the portable. This will allow for traffic to move in one entrance and out a secondary exit, in getting rid of the bottleneck we currently have. The goal is to break ground by March 2019 and have it open by the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year.
I look forward to keeping you up to date as we progress towards our goal of having a new middle school building and lab!
Administrator, Moscow Charter School
Messages from the PAT
Rummage Sale - Sat., January 12th from 8:00 am till 2:00 pm
- Donations: gently used items can be dropped off at the school in the collection box by the front door. Feel free to spread the word about the collection of items for the Rummage Sale to friends and family.
- Location: We are still looking for a bigger and inexpensive location for the Rummage Sale. So if anyone have some contacts and/or other suggestions please let us know.
- Flyers/posters: Help making poster and flyers would be appreciated, so if you would like to help please let us know. Advertising needs to start very soon, so we can start advertising the event around town and on social media.
Bingo Night - Friday, March 22nd from 5 to 9 pm
- Location: We need to find a good location for Bingo Night that can host about 100 people, preferably with table and chairs available, access to restrooms, and that does not cost a lot. Ideas/help would be appreciated.
- Donations: Help collecting donations for bingo prizes, silent auction and our live auction would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to help please send me an email on email@example.com so I can give you a copy of the donation letters as well as a link to the document I have created, so we don't contact the same businesses more than once. Last year over 300 businesses was contacted in order to get enough prizes for our Bingo Night and our silent auctions, so we really need help on this.
Thank you for your help and support in making Moscow Charter School even better!
MCS Raffle Fundraiser
Our Middle School Students are hosting a raffle fundraiser to raise money for our new student store!
The items available in the raffle are:
Group 1: 2 Female Mice (supplies included)
Group 2: $50 Gift Card to Mongolian BBQ Express
Group 3: $25 Gift Card to Rosauers - Moscow
Group 4: 1 Drink 1 Toast at Palouse Juice
Group 5: 1 Night Stay for up to 4 at the Best Western Plus University Inn+ a $40 Gift Certificate to Seasons Public House
Group 6: $20 Gift Certificate to Seasons Public House (There are 5 of these)
Group 7: $20 Gift Certificate to Paradise Cafe
Group 8: Game Pass for Play Live Nation
Group 9: Fast Food Freebies including coupons for the following; Free Pretzel from Pretzel Maker, Free snack size wings from Buffalo Wild Wings , Free happy meal and ice cream cone from McDonald's , Free small drink, corn dogs and medium cherry limeade from Sonic Drive-In (There are 5 sets of these)
Group 10: One large, one topping pizza from Papa Murphy's
Ticket costs are:
They can be purchased from the Office or a Middle School Student.