Kingswood's Weekly Update
April 7, 2021
Welcome Back after Spring Break!
As we return from break a few things have changed. We will no longer be screening students for Covid-19 as they enter our building. Please be sure that you continue to screen your child’s temperature and Covid symptoms and if your child has a fever or symptoms, please keep your child and home. If you suspect Covid-19, please get a screening from your physician. We will continue to social distance six feet whenever possible, wear masks except for eating and drinking when all children will refrain from talking until the masks are back in place on their faces, wash hands often and use hand sanitizer to stay as safe as possible.
We want to let you know that the State guided policy of sending attendance letters has resumed. If you receive an attendance letter in the next few days or in the weeks to come, please understand that they are being sent out based upon State guidelines, but this does not automatically mean that families will be referred for court proceedings. Please review any letters you may receive along with the attached attendance profile and contact your student's teacher and/or Ms. Ferro (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly with questions, concerns and/or corrections needed based on prior correspondence or work completed. As a school our goal is for your student to experience success. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if there is something we can do to help ensure your student's success at Kingswood.
We are looking for an exciting Spring of learning and growing at Kingswood.
Ms. Sherry and Mr. Norton
See you soon, The Specialists
The health and safety of our students and staff is of the upmost importance. All students will be required to wear masks as we all need to follow the 3W's (wait 6 ft, wear a mask, wash hands frequently). This return to school guide is a good place to start for getting your questions answered https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yg8St2cQtu4u-aQpY8ouHd7XZmRitwP4/view
Please have your child practice wearing a mask if they have not done so before so as to make the transition easier for them. Let them know there will be a health screening before they enter the building.
- Car riders: will arrive in the same fashion as last year with one difference. When you pull your car up in the line, your child will need to be screened BEFORE your child can exit the car. This process will add time to drop off so please plan your schedule accordingly.
- Bus riders: Bus riders will get screened after they exit the bus while on campus. If a student does not pass the screening they will wait in the Care Center where you will be called to pick up your student as soon as possible.
- Breakfast: If your child would like breakfast in the morning there will be a grab and go style breakfast when they enter the building, where they will eat in the classroom. Protocols for safely eating in the classroom have been established.
Dismissal:Students will all be dismissed from the classroom. Car riders: when you pull up in line make sure your carpool tag is prominently displayed. If you do not have one, the staff member who is identifying the cars will ask your name and ask if you need a tag. You will receive a tag (with your student) during the first week. Since dismissal will take longer than usual please have patience as we do our best to keep all the children safe and socially distanced. Bus riders: as always in the beginning of the year dismissal takes a bit longer than later in the year. If you would like to know where the bus is, please download the "Here Comes the Bus" app and follow the directions here https://www.wcpss.net/Page/35380 Please have patience as we make sure students are socially distanced for dismissal and everyone can stay safe.
- Water fountains are closed at the present time. Please send your child to school with a water bottle. If that is not possible, we will have cups available for students to get a drink of water from the sink in their classroom.
- Students are required to wear a face covering at all times while on the bus. Drivers will submit a bus incident form if a student arrives at the stop without a face covering. Drivers will have a supply of face coverings to give to students who don’t have them. This video shows parents and students all the bus health and safety procedures.
- All bus riders are required to submit the one-time attestation form. Forms can be found at wcpss.net/busform. Parents have the option of submitting the form online https://busriderattestation.wcpss.net/ (link may not be active yet) or by hard copy to the office.
- EC Riders: The health attestation form is not applicable for vendor transportation. A parent/guardian should wear a face covering to accompany the student to the vendor vehicle while maintaining a six-foot distance from other passengers. The student will need to pass the symptom screening checklist and a temperature check before boarding the vehicle. The parent/guardian will need to answer the symptom screening questions for the student. If the parent/guardian does not accompany the student to the vehicle, the driver should ask the student the symptom screening checklist questions. The driver should use their best judgment if the child can respond on their own. If the student cannot respond on their own, the driver will perform a temperature check only and notify school staff upon arrival at school.
- Bus routes/stops info will be sent to parents from Transportation on Wed Oct 21.
- Training on student boarding procedures, along with bus safety training, is required for ALL students during the first week of school. This is a State of North Carolina requirement. Drills that include physically evacuating out of the rear emergency door are not proposed this year given the amount of close contact.
- Please make sure to check what cohort your child is on for the rotation schedule. Cohort A=1, B=2, C=3
Visitors: will not be allowed in the building. If you come to school to pick up your child ring the doorbell (or follow the instructions we have verbally given you over the phone if your child is sick) and we will come to the door to speak with you.